[Chapter 5: A Shocking Revelation]

Axel and I were overwhelmed with shock, simply by reading the message inscribed on the first page. We glanced at each other, then back at the book.

The theory was real?

"Don't tell me..." Axel mumbled as he went to the first page.

The Ancient Astronaut Theory Proven

We started reading through the book thoroughly digesting every bit of information.

Mr Rosen- Uncle Elias's father - elaborated on the various places, architecture and artifacts ever discovered that were allegedly connected to the ancient astronaut theory. However, what astounded me was that he was not hypothesising, he was writing as if he were stating facts. Although each statement became more far -fetched then the other.

Nevertheless, it was strange that Mr. Rosen had unbelievably detailed evidences. There were some reports on megalithic structures built in alignment with the stars. Scrawled all over the pages were calculations on the significance of these alignments, based on energy, geography and so on.

"How do we even know if these statements are true? They seem like hypotheses too," I questioned.

Axel hesitated, then shook his head, "I... Don't think so. I mean I can't believe it myself. However, each explanation seems way to detailed to be a hypothesis. For instance, look at this schematic of the pyramids of Giza. You and I both know, the entire pyramid has not been fully uncovered. Grandpa however, has a detailed layout of the ancient structure, who knows how. Not to mention, he has written about the building method of the pyramids and the various technology used," he said while flipping the page, showing me a detailed diagram of an unfamiliar device.

"As well as a diagram of the device," he finished.

I was trying to comprehend the situation. It was mind-boggling to know, that all your life you have been questioning, then suddenly the answers just explode at your face. Was this really the proof I had been looking for?

"But that's impossible! He could have only gotten this information if he like... travelled back in time or..." I widened my eyes at another possibility.

"He had an encounter," Axel finished for me.

"He did also state that the great minds of the world were influenced by extraterrestrials," he said.

I shook my head, "It still does not make much sense. Why would aliens visit him, either mentally or physically, specifically to tell him all this? Why him and why never before?" I asked. Axel nodded in agreement. It was too coincidental.

"I don't know. But you're right about one thing. If they wanted to let us know about their interference in human evolution, why didn't they simply tell us earlier?" He said.

"Because mankind wasn't ready... and will never be," another voice said from the other end of the room.

We looked up to see Uncle Elias entering the library, a grim expression marred his old features.

"Uncle Elias!" I exclaimed.

He narrowed his eyes, looking displeased. I had never seen Uncle Elias this upset.

"Why didn't you tell me anything about this book? It could've provided us with a huge step in helping us prove the theory is real," I said.

Uncle Elias shook his head as he stepped towards us.

"What difference would it make? Would anyone believe that my father had a chat with an alien and received all the information about the history of mankind, that not to mention goes against every religious aspect? " he replied.

I fell silent. Ethics held Uncle Elias back? It felt so unreal. Uncle Elias was the one person, who by hook or by crook, would try to spread his ideas to the world. He taught me that. How could he simply contradict himself?

Uncle Elias sighed,"You kids should not meddle into these things."

I raised my head to protest but was immediately cut off by Axel, "Uncle Elias, when is it happening?" Axel asked.

Uncle Elias and I looked at him questioningly. Axel frowned.

"Something is coming... Grandpa said when the time comes be prepared. When will the time come?" he asked, persistent on getting an answer.

"Aren't you more concerned on what's to come?" Uncle Elias said.

Axel shook his head, "No, it's all written here already," he said pointing to a page.

I looked at the page and gasped again as I saw what was written on it. Uncle Elias narrowed his eyes even more in irritation at my reaction. Written on the page was a single heading inked bold.

"The Alien Agenda!" I exclaimed. My mind was abuzz. My heart pounding rapidly. I was more agitated than terrified. I did not know why.

"I advise you two not to get involved with this anymore. Please," he warned.

"What are you going to do about it Uncle Elias? They...are returning soon aren't they?"Axel asked, an edge in his tone.

Uncle Elias walked towards us and picked the journal up from the floor. He turned around and made his way back to the elevator and pressed the button. It opened a second later and he stepped in. However, before it shut he replied,

"Nothing."