[Chapter 36: Atlantis]

I followed the nurse, which was a female Grey- though I could not differentiate between genders- through a corridor. The metal walls of the corridors were sleek and curved. As I walked along, I noticed the corridor was lined with doors, and some of the opened ones, looked similar to the room I was in. I immediately recognised this area to the be the wards.

A few Greys occasionally passed by, dressed like me. I was given a pair of nylon pants and a cotton- well it seems like cotton, but could have been synthetic- long sleeved top. Some of the Greys were wearing additional gear to their outfit, like bulletproof vests, safety pads and I believe I saw one wearing what looked like a spacesuit, helmet and all.

After winding through various corridors, I concluded this place was indeed a maze, and even with a map I would not be able to find my way around here. I wanted to ask the nurse, where we were heading to, and a few other questions as well. But the nurse would not respond, she was silent the whole time. Maybe she did not understand me, or could not talk telepathically.

Finally after walking through the dim tunnels, we reached an elevator sort of thing. It was a cylindrical metal tube, that had various buttons on its walls. The nurse stepped in and I did the same. She punched a button and we began ascending.

After what felt like, too long for an elevator ride, the cylinder opened partially. I stepped out and gasped at my surroundings.

I was standing in a glass dome that allowed me to have a wonderful view of the advanced city around me. There were a few cylinders in the circular hall, and I saw the one I was in, descend into the underground tunnels, bringing the nurse with it.

I saw General A-Roz standing at the far side of the hall, near an arched glass door. And standing next to him was Uncle Elias, dressed much like I was. I immediately ran towards the and gave Uncle Elias a hug.

I was relieved to know he was fine. After all that, I was surprised enough to know that despite his age, he managed to survive the impact. But I could tell, the crash did a number on him. His head was bandaged, and he had a few scratches here and there.

"Uncle Elias, I'm glad you're okay," I said after releasing from the embrace.
He patted me on the head,"I'm glad you are as well," he said.

He suddenly looked much older now, but the gleam in his eyes did not fade.

"Would you take a look at this place. Simply breathtaking!" He exclaimed. I smiled, then it faded once again.

"Where's Axel?" I asked.

If Uncle Elias was here, why wasn't he? I suddenly remembered that only Uncle Elias and I were allowed to enter the base. But I figured, considering he was part of the bloodline, it would be fine.

I saw the grim look on Uncle Elias's face.

"Your friend is currently undergoing a scan and a few tests. For safety purposes. Mr. Elias went through them as well, after he recovered. But do not take this the wrong way. Like I said, we are investigating the reason why your aircraft was detected as a threat. I deeply apologise for the inconvenience, Mr Elias," General A-Roz explained to us.

Uncle Elias shook his head,"Oh not a problem. If I were you, I would have done the same thing," he assured.

"Yes, it is a safety protocol. We cannot risk any threats in the base. By far, Atlantis is the most important base for us time travelers," General A-Roz said, gesturing to the city scape before us. I nodded, still worried about Axel.

"Would you like to take the tour, or wait for your friend?" General A-Roz asked.

I suggested waiting for Axel. But the moment I said so, a cylinder made its way to the surface, and revealed Axel and a Grey. Speak of the devil.