Chapter 16: Great...

I looked up at Cooper. He looked like he was holding his breath.  I pulled my body up from where I was laying and looked at him. “How long have you known you wanted to be one?” I asked in a whisper.

“Since I was little, I always did.” He looked down at me. “I love you.”

“I, I love you too.” I turned around and hugged him tight wincing when I pulled at the IV needle. Cooper pulled the bag closer so I wasn’t pulling on it.

“Be careful baby, I don’t want you to be hurt.” He kissed my head. I re-put my arms around him and squeezed.

“What do you think baby?” He asked into my hair. I sighed.

“I know what it feels like to let someone go. I have been letting my father deploy since I can remember. I also know that it will hurt so much more to see you go. But you will have a good future marine to watch your back.” I took a deep breath. “It isn’t going to be easy, but I love you, so I guess I’m in for the long haul.” I smiled. Cooper looked down at me and kissed me.

“You make me feel like I got hit by a moving truck for a second there.” He laughed. I rolled my eyes. “But I love you too.” He kissed me again. I lay back down and looked back up at Cooper. He smiled down at me.

“What do you think is going to happen after you graduate high school?” I ask.

“Well it used to hopefully graduate from boot camp, get deployed, meet a hot girl, and maybe have some kids. But now, all I want to do is make you happy and be the best marine I can be. Marry you, have a baby or two.” He smirked. I raised my eyebrows.

“A baby or two, huh? How do you know I want kids?” I bit my lip and giggled.

“Well I think you do, because I think you would make beautiful babies.” He smiled and kissed me again.

“Hey you ain’t half bad.” I giggled at him.  He kissed me again. I yawned and he smiled and tucked me into bed.

“Get some sleep, baby. I love you.” He kissed my forehead turned out the light and walked out of the room. Jesse was sitting at the kitchen table with Kirsty as Uncle Charlie walked into the room.

“Hey Kids. I got some bad news.” He sighed.

“What’s wrong Uncle Charlie?” Jesse asked.

“Vicky got let out on bail from her parents.” Cooper clenched his jaw and Kirsty sat there with her hands clenched in fists.

“But, why?” She asked.

“They bailed her out. I don’t know kids.” Uncle Charlie sighed. Jesse rubbed his face.

“Yeah we know you can’t do anything, but when’s her court trail?” Jesse sighed.

“Three weeks.” Uncle Charlie sighed again. “Well I am off to bed, I’m beat.” With that Uncle Charlie went into his room and closed the door. Cooper sat back in his chair.

“I swear if she comes anywhere near her, I am going to knock her face in.” Kirsty said running a hand through her hair. Jesse gives her a one arm hug.

“I know baby.” He sighed kissing her head. Cooper just sat there like he was waiting for this all to be one bad dream. “Cooper you okay?” He asked. Cooper just sat there for a couple more seconds before looking at Jesse. He rubbed the little hair he has and sighed.

“I hate Vicky so much. She hurts the girl I love.” He looked at him then Kirsty. “I want her to leave us alone.”

“We all do Cooper. Stop beating yourself up.” Kirsty said nudging his shoulder. He sighed.

“I guess you’re right.” He walked back into my room and crawled into bed with me. “I love you.” He whispered before dozing off with me.………

Jesse and Kirsty were out on a date at the dinner, a local restaurant that everyone goes to because it is best, when she turned up. “Oh HEY Kirsty.” She said in her annoying high pitch voice.

“What do you want Victoria?” She snapped.

“I just want to see who this sexy boy who is being forced to be with you is.” She smirked pushing up her boobs showing her cleavage. Kirsty grounds her teeth.

“No bitch, this is my boyfriend Jesse. Grace’s BROTHER, you know the girl you jumped?” She growled.

“That bitch isn’t so bad. She has one sexy brother.” She said biting her lip walking closer to Jesse.

“Can you back up? I have a girlfriend and I do not want cheep bitch germs when I am about to eat, let alone ever.” Vicky gave Jesse a look.

“Look, I am way better than that bitch,” she pointed to Kirsty, “will ever be. I am way better.”

“Yeah if you want to catch something. Don’t you know the saying ‘What happens in Vicky, comes right back with you’?” Kirsty said, causing Jesse to laugh. Vicky was pissed.

“That’s it.” Vicky slapped Kirsty across her face. Kirsty punched her sending her flying. “You bitch!” She yelled getting up and tried to punch Kirsty, but Jesse got in front of her and took a punch in the gut. “Oh my, I’m sorry.” Kirsty punched her in the nose. Vicky stood there holding her nose and punched Kirsty as Jesse called the police. Vicky tried to punch Kirsty again but she grabbed her hand and threw her on the ground. She punched her again.

“That’s for beating up my best friend,” she punched her again. “That’s for hitting on my boyfriend.” She punched her one last time, hearing the sirens in the distance.  “That’s for making my friend creeped out.” Kirsty got off Vicky as the police cars pulled up. The police came and picked up Vicky.

“You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say, can and will be held against you in the court of law. You have the right to an internee. If you can’t afford one, one will be appointed to you by the state.”  The Cop said reading her, her rights. “You are in violation of Grace Robert’s restraining order against you.”

“How the hell was I?” She snapped at him.

“Her brother and friend were both written in for safety by police chief Charlie Roberts.” Vicky looked over at Jesse and Kirsty.

“This isn’t over.” She smirked. “Not even close.” With those words changing in the air the cop pushed her head into the cop car.