Chapter 31: Hey Baby Boy

I felt him take a deep breath before looking at me. I looked up at him as he studied my face. “No, I don’t think I would.”  I looked up at him as he rubbed my cheek. “I couldn’t. She ruined my kid’s life. She left with no warning, she hurt you all. It’s one thing to hurt me, but not you guys. Not my babies.” He pressed his lips to my head to my head. He sounded like he was trying to tell himself that more than he was telling me. I couldn’t tell who needed to hear it more, me or Dad. I snuggled into him more and closed my eyes, hoping that Mom didn’t come back. But I think I was more wishing, because hope had nothing to do with it. She wasn’t going to it has been too long. Or has it?

…….. It’s been about 12 weeks since the boys left and Logan was growing up beautifully. He was 3 months old and loved to smile at us. He loved to play with his toys and sometimes when Kirsty need some alone time I would play with him. He loved it. Kirsty and I re-talked over our future and are making some changes. Since Miss Green, who is now dating Uncle Charlie thanks to me, I told him to go for it and he did, they are so cute together. Okay back to school, since Miss Green and Dad talked about me skipping a grade, Kirsty and I are going to finish High School online then she is going for a teaching degree at school, which will be faster, from 9 to about 12, so she can be with Logan, and I am going to online Nursing school so I can watch him, but I think she is going to switch to online to be with the cutie. Tomorrow we were leaving to go to South Carolina for Family day then Graduation. Kirsty was at school, as we were leaving at 6, and I was on the couch as Logan was on the ground as he was playing with baby rings. He was enjoying himself giggling and putting them in his mouth. He was leaning on my legs as I watched TV. I looked at him as he frowned at his toy then looked at me. “Oh come here my little Man.” I smiled at his face in a Jesse pout, his bottom lip was stuck out a little and his little nose was wrinkled. I picked him up and placed him on my lap with his little butt between my folded knees. He snuggled his butt and grabbed my fingers and started to suck on them. He was really growing up; he had the cute hair on his head that I like to spike with a little bit of water. He had the cutest little dimples when he smiled and he just made everyone smile when he giggled.  I pulled one of my fingers out and grabbed a picture off the end table and showed Logan it.

“Hey Buddy, you that guy there? He’s your daddy.” I smiled pointing to Jesse. Logan took his little hand and laid it on top of Jesse and looked up at me. “Yeah you’re going to get to meet him soon too. He can’t wait to meet you again. He told me to tell you that he can’t wait to see his little boy again.” He tapped his hand on the picture again like he was trying to remember.  I pointed to Cooper. “You see him? That’s your Uncle Cooper. He is your Daddy’s best friend. He is also my other favorite boy. You’re my first though.” I kissed his head as he looked at the picture. I heard the front door open and smile at Kirsty as she drops her backpack and walks over to pick up Logan.

“Hey Baby Boy,” She kissed him on the head. He looked at Kirsty and tapped on the picture again showing her. “That’s Daddy.” She smiled. He looked at the picture with a kind of in awe face. He scrunches his eyebrows and pointed to Cooper. “That’s your Uncle Cooper Baby. He is with Daddy.” She smiled. He gave one last look before putting his hand in his mouth and nibbling on it. Kirsty picked him up from my lap and laughed at him. “When are we going to leave for the Air Port today?” She asked getting Logan a bottle.

“Um I think we should leave at about,” I looked at the clock, “I say leave the house at 4.30, so we have enough time for everything.” I watched as Kirsty gave Lo his bottle before I walked out of the room. She is so lucky. She can have a baby with the man she loves. I can’t. Don’t get me wrong I love Kirsty and Logan, I guess wish I could have a baby of my own; half of me and half of Cooper. I just wish that I never met Vicky or Isaac for that matter. My marine is never going to be able to kiss his baby girl or have his son fallow in his footsteps. I shook my head trying to get the thoughts out of my head. I lifted up the bottom of my t-shirt to see the white scars. The round circle where the bullet went in, then the first line where they had to take it out, and the last when they had to go back in and remove my ovary. I sighed and pulled down my t-shirt and looked at the picture of Cooper and me. I picked up my duffle bag and stared to throw clothes into it. Some shirts, shorts, pants, a nice dress if I need it, some bikinis, and a couple one piece swim suits, and a nice skirt I have for the ceremony. I zipped it up and looked the room. After they graduate we were flying down to Kentucky to get married. Grandma had it all planed out and told me all about it. When we got down there I had to go dress shopping for both my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses. I had choose Mar, Amber, Megs, and Kirsty to be my bridesmaids and Cooper wrote and told me be is having Nick, Taylor, Connor, and Jesse as his groomsmen.  Little Logan is going to be the ring bearer so he have the perfect outfit. Everything was read, all it needed was a couple of hot, not my brothers, marines and a couple cute army soldiers. There was a knock on my door. I turned to see Kirsty standing there.

“You ready to leave?” She asked. I looked around the room and nodded.

“Yeah let’s go.” I smiled picking up my bag and walking out the door.