Chapter 50: Stop!

Everyone looked at the little boy. He did the perfect black hair like Jesse and I, and the perfect little green eyes that shined right now with fear. The man flicked him into the center of the circle of us. He landed on his hands and scraping his knees as he tripped causing him to start to cry. The guy started to laugh as I rushed to go pick him up. “Hey it’s okay little guy.” I sighed wiping the dust off him. He showed me his hands which were red from the fall and gave me the cutest pout.

“It hurts.” He sniffled at me. I rubbed the little bit of dust on them off with a napkin. I wiped the little bit of blood off of his knee as he looked at me. He laid his head on my shoulder as I helped him. Mom stood there looking at him not really knowing what to do. The guy just was laughing at us. Cindy looked at him.

“You’re a douche bag you know that?” She snapped from where she was with Uncle Charlie.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” He smirked with that stupid cocky smile that pisses me off so much.

“How could you hit a poor baby?” She snapped making him cling onto me in fear. I stroked his black hair in comfort.

“It’s easy, I could do it all day and all night if I wanted to, it’s a rush.”

“You’re an Ass. Your mom should have drowned you when you were a baby.” Grammy snapped at him.

“Shhh its okay.” I pressed my lips to the top of his head. Cooper rubbed my shoulders and smiled at the little boy in my arms trying to make him forget about the fight that was going on around us.

“I could say the same to you because as you can see your family hasn’t got very far.” He laughed. Poppy looked over at him.

“Do not make me beat your ass. No one talks about my family like that!” Poppy snapped.

“What’s your name little guy?” Cooper asked. The boy looked over at him and put his little hand on top of his holding his hand. Mom walked up to Kirsty and tried to grab Logan. Of course he started to scream bloody murder.

“My names Hunter. What about you?” He asked making the you sound like ‘ooo’ making me smile at him.

“I’m Cooper and this Grace.” Hunter smiled snuggling into me. I looked over at Kirsty to see her and my mother fighting. She was holding a screaming Logan and yelling at mom. I looked around for the guy but he was gone. Oh no. Not good.

“Hunter why don’t you let Cooper hold you while I go get something.” I kissed his forehead and handed him to a confused Cooper. Hunter grabbed two hands full’s of Cooper’s jacketas he wrapped an arm around his back. I got up quietly and ran to Kirsty.

“Let go of him.” She snapped as Mom tried to grab Logan again.

“Mom stop it, right now.” I snapped. She looked at me as Logan screamed louder than he ever has in his life. Uncle Charlie was on the phone as Dad was watching for the guy trying to protect his family. She looked at me.

“No, no. I am starting over and I’m taking him.” She snapped. “Hunter come here we are going!” She yelled at him. I looked over at Hunter to see him holding onto Cooper shaking his head. “I said come on.”

“No, no, please no.” He cried holding on to Cooper. “No more hurt. No more hurt.” Cooper held him tighter to himself as Mom ripped Logan out of Kirsty’s arms.

“Stop!” I yelled lunging at her. She started to run till we heard the sirens blasting in the background. Kirsty ran to get Logan as Jesse ran to block the door. “Mom stop it! Give him back!” I screamed at her. She looked over trapped, not able to think as Logan screamed at the top of his lungs reaching for his mother. The cops burst into the room with the man that was with her in hand cuffs.

“What’s going on?” She asked to the cops as they had their hands on their guns.

“You’re kidnapping a baby and you don’t even know what’s wrong? You’re under arrest for the attempted kidnapping of Logan Roberts.” The cops stepped towards her. She held Logan above the ground, from his arms pits with a lose grip ready to drop him. He stopped screaming and looked at Kirsty and me with a scared face. Now coming from a 3 and a half month old baby can bring panic in most people, but mostly I think because this was my nephew and he was just like a son to me. “Ma’am give me the baby.” He said slowly as if she had a gun.

“No, no, no, no. He comes with me or, or else!” She yelled looking around pulling something out of her pocket making Kirsty fall to her knees. Logan started to scream again as he felt the cold hard metal of the gun that was pressed to his head. I could see the cops moving behind her, were she couldn’t see them.

“Mom please don’t do this.” I cried at her. She looked over at me. “Please no, please don’t do this.”

“Why shouldn’t I? You would know how it feels to lose a child! You would know how it feels to be me!” Logan fussed around scared.

“I can’t know how you feel. I can never leave my babies,” I shook my head. “No never, please no.” I could hear Kirsty start to sob harder as Mom pushed the gun harder on Logan’s head. I felt little hands on mine as Hunter stood there looking at me. He was wearing a pair of jean and a dark blue t-shirt. I lifted him up and hid his face in my shoulder as I saw the fear in his eyes. I looked back at my mother, who still had the gun pressed to Logan’s head. I closed my eyes as I heard a gunshot ring around the whole room…………..