Chapter 40: Cold Hearted Bitch

“Grace wake up.” I heard whispered. I pulled the pillow over my head and tried to fall back asleep. “Munchkin please.” I poked my head from under the pillow to look at my fully dressed Grandma.

 “What Grammy?” I whispered looking at a fast asleep Cooper.

  “We have to go to the bridal store. My friend got you an appointment in about an hour, so come on up.” I buried my head in the pillow.

  “Grammy it’s 6 o’clock go away.” I moaned. She pulled the covers off me.

  “Come on young lady get up or do I have to get Poppy in here.” She said with her hands on her hips. I groaned because I and her both know that Poppy would be so much worse. I got up and looked at her before throwing my hair in a messy pony tail.

  “You’re a mean woman.” I huffed getting out shorts and a t-shirt to change into.

  “I know, I have to. I live with your Poppy.” She smiled nudging me. “And I did have you living with me for a while.” I rolled my eyes at her. That was our daily wake up call. Nothing changes over years.

  “I will be down in a minute or two Grammy. You can wait down stairs.” I smiled giving her the hint.

  “Okay you better or else.” She laughed before walking out of the room. I looked at Cooper who was only in a pair of boxers sleeping on his back. I straddled his lap and leaned down to kiss his forehead.

  “Morning Handsome.” I whispered.

  “Morning sexy.” He said without opening his eyes. I leaned down to kiss him only to be flipped so he is over me. “Where are you going?” He smiled kissing me.

  “Grammy is taking me to go find a wedding dress and hopefully the bride’s maids dresses too.” I said as he let me up. “What are you doing today?”

  “I am going to do something with your Father, Walt, and Jesse.” He pulled on a USMC t-shirt.

  “What are you going to do?” I asked raising an eyebrow.

  “Oh that’s a secret my Love. A secret you will have to wait and see.” He smiled kissing me. 

“GRACE COME DOWN NOW! DO NOT MAKE ME COME UP THERE!” Grammy yelled up the stairs. I sighed as Cooper kissed me.

 “Have fun. I love you.”

 “I love you too.” I grabbed my wallet and shoved it into my back pocket before running down stairs. Kirsty was there holding Logan.

 “Took you long enough.” She huffed. I rolled my eyes and walked out. When we got to the small dress shop it was amazing. There were dresses all over the walls and a lovely couch to sit in next to the 3 dressing rooms.

 “Grace is that you?” A woman called.

 “Lucy.” Grammy smiled and hugged the woman. “It’s so good to see you.”

 “It’s good to see you too. Now is that little Grace?” She gasped looking at me. I smiled at her having no idea who she is.

 “It is. She has grown up so much.” Lucy said. I nodded. “Well back to the point I have bunches of dresses for you to try on. Now off into the dressing room sweetheart as I get the first dress.” She pushed me into the dressing room then ran off to get the dresses. I pulled off my shirt and shorts and sat down waiting. Kirsty looked at Grammy.

 “Is she always like this?” She whispered looking at Lucy as she ran around getting dresses.

 “Yeah, I guess she just really loves her job.” Grammy whispered back. Logan started to cry so Kirsty picked him up and held him.  Lucy came running back to the dressing room with 6 dresses for me to try on.

 “Okay sweetheart try these on for me.” She said handing them to me……

Well about 4 hours later Logan was fussing around, I was getting pretty tired, Grammy was hungry, and Kirsty just wanted the hell out of there Lucy stopped. “Okay there are only a couple left.” She was still smiling. I swear I want to tare that smile right off her face.

“Lucy we really all ready tried on the whole store.” I groaned.

“I promise one more.” She handed me this puffy dress.

“No, no, no, no, no. No more of these fucking dresses. I am not even trying on anymore.” I snapped. Lucy looked at me.

“But you have to choose one of these they are the ones picked out for you.” She smiled, only now did I see how fake it was.

“Chosen by whom?” Grammy asked.

“Her mother of course.” My heart stopped. No, no way. I shot a look at Grammy then Kirsty.

“I haven’t seen or heard from my mother for about 11 years.” I said pulling on my shirt and shorts.

“Well she was here a little while ago saying that you had to choose one of these dresses and no others.” God please I beg you now strike her with lightning. Both her and my retched mother.

“Well it doesn’t matter what she says because guess what? She left us. She has no say in my life. You can tell her to go stand in traffic. I will watch as she falls to hell. She can go fuck herself.” I snapped and started to walk out.

“Young lady you will not talk about your mother like that! It is not respectful. I will make sure you get smacked if you talk like that again.” She threatened. I raise my eye brows.

 “Well then I will call the cops because you must be just like my mother, an old cold hearted bitch.” I walked out with Kirsty behind me. Logan was sucking away at a bottle not having the slightest idea what was going on. Oh how I wish I was in his place. I open the car door angrily and got in the seat buckling myself in. For the first time in a long time, angry tears started to flow down my cheeks. Kirsty and Grammy got into the car silently and we drove away. She can’t come back into my life. No, she won’t. I won’t let her. Not me, not Jesse, not Connor, Not Dad, but most of all not my little Logan…