2: Best At What?

"Please?" Steve begged, clasping his hands together. Tony sighed.

"I just... I'm afraid I won't be good at it!" he argued.

"You'll be the best, please? I know you want this too!"

"He'll be best at what?" Clint questioned, walking past the two and into the kitchen. It was just over a week after their honeymoon had ended and they had had that argument many times.

"Steve wants to get a kid," Tony sighed, exasperated.

"And Tony thinks he'll be bad at being. a dad," Steve added, "even though I know he will not be bad at it!"

"You'll be great dads, both of you," Clint assured with a smile. "Plus, I'll get to be an uncle!"

"You're an uncle?" Natasha asked, joining the conversation from the couch.

"Not yet!" Clint sang.

"We want to adopt a child, but Tony thinks he'll be a bad father," Steve explained.

Tony was almost fuming. "I JUST DON'T WANT TO END UP LIKE MY DAD!" he shouted angrily. "I don't want that for my kid!" The group fell silent and he stormed off in a huff on anger.

Steve sighed and ran after him, finding him curled up in a chair in their room.

"Tony," he said gently. The brunet didn't move. "Tony, look at me." He still didn't move. Steve crouched next to the chair and placed his hand on his husband's shoulder softly. "Babe."

Tony huffed and uncurled, wrapping himself instead around Steve. Steve rubbed his back soothingly while whispering sweet nothings into his ear.

"I just... I don't want my son to have the childhood I did. I don't want to turn into my dad," Tony sighed sadly.

"You will never be like your dad," Steve insisted, pulling back to look Tony in the eye. "Anthony Edward Stark, I have 100% faith in you. You will never, ever, be a bad father. You will be the best father in the entire galaxy and I can assure you that our child will love with all their heart."

Tony smiled softly and kissed Steve gently before nuzzling into his neck once more.

"I love you," Steve whispered.

"I love you too," replied Tony. "Can we talk about this again tomorrow?" It was almost night.

"Want to sleep?" asked Steve, still rubbing Tony's back. The brunet smirked.

"I had other plans," he said in a low voice.

"You do, now do you?" questioned the blond, looking at him with a raised eyebrow.

"I do, Captain." Tony leaned in and closed the space between their lips, a smirk permanently planted on his face.

The rest of the night was hot and sweaty and very, very loud.