5: Birthday Planning

Three days after Clint brought a wild Pietro back to the Tower, Tony and Steve started planning for Peter's first birthday. And trust me when I tell you this; it got really annoying.

***

"ANTHONY EDWARD STARK I WILL SCOOP OUT YOUR EYEBALLS AND STITCH YOUR MOUTH SHUT IF YOU DO NOT SHUT THE ACTUAL FUCK UP!" Natasha yelled. Tony instantly stopped talking and stared at her.

"Why?"

"You have been talking for five hours straight and I am trying to watch television. Go somewhere else."

"No. This is my tower."

"Technically it's the Avengers Tower and since I'm an Avenger, this is my tower as well."

"Your name isn't on the papers, is it Natalia?"

"Neither is yours babe," Steve reminded his husband. "You need to take a break and relax. You're going crazy over this and it's really not a big deal. It's just a birthday, Tony."

"Well I didn't really get any parties, so I want Peter to have the best ones." Tony got up and mumbled something about needing a shower and left.

Natasha sighed and continued watching Supernatural. Steve groaned and rubbed his face, falling back on the couch. His head landed next to Natasha's leg so she ran her fingers through his hair soothingly as he calmed down.

"He's always so stressed out," Steve complained. "I know he thinks he's not doing the whole 'dad' thing right, but he's doing fine, right?"

"You guys are great parents," Natasha assured him.

"I mean, I get that he didn't have such a great relationship with his dad but he's nothing like his dad!" Steve threw his hands up and Natasha nodded, massaging his temples.

Clint walked into the room and cocked his head. "What's wrong with you?"

"Tony's stressed again."

"So you're stressed because he's stressed?" Steve nodded. "You guys should take a vacation. We can take care of everything around here and we'll handle Peter. You need to get out and sort yourselves."

"I'm gonna go talk to him." Steve got up and smiled weakly at Clint before walking to his and Tony's room. As it would turn out, Tony wasn't in their room, so he went to Peter's room.

Tony was sitting on the floor across from Peter with three things placed between them.

"What're you doing babe?" Steve asked, sitting behind him. He put his arms around Tony's waist and rested his head on his shoulder.

"Testing Peter. So I put a dollar bill, a toy, and a pen on the ground. The dollar represents money and power, the toy represents fun, and the pen means creativity."

"What about them?"

"Whatever he picks he'll enjoy most in the future, or somthing," Tony explained. Steve knew it was only a dumb test that Tony wanted to try for fun, but there was no harm in having fun. "Okay Pete, make your pick."

Peter stared at the objects and crawled over to them. Then he pushed them away and waddled into Tony's lap. Steve smiled widely and kissed Tony's cheek. The brunet was in shock and had actually started crying as he held his son.

"Love you too Pete," he whispered, kissing the boy on the head. Peter giggled and plopped down in Tony's lap, staring up at his dads. Steve poked his sides and Peter smiled widely.

"I don't know how, but this kid looks so much like you," Steve whispered to his husband. Tony nodded and leaned back into Steve with a smile. He kissed his cheek before getting up and putting Peter back in his crib.