Chapter X.

When I awoke, we were just landing. I needed a plan, and I needed one fast. Malekith took me to a lab, much like the one Tony, Bruce, and I worked in.

"You tell me everything you know of the Tesseract." The Tesseract? He means one of the Infinity Stones? Shouldn't he already know about it?

"Why?" I asked, moving uncomfortably in my handcuffs. These bad boys hurt. "I want it. And you're going to help me get it." A new voice joined the conversation.

Both Malekith and I turned around. "And you are?" I questioned. He was fairly cute. He was evil, though. I mentally sighed. It's always the cute ones.

"I am Loki Laufeyson, the son of Laufey. I am the ruler of the Frost Giants of Jotunheim." He introduced, smiling. "And you are?" He mocked me.

"Kirsten." I answered plainly. I needed to keep my distance from him. Or everyone, for that matter. "Anyway, so you all want the Tesseract. What does that have to do with me?"

I looked between both of them. "You're a scientist, correct me if I'm wrong." Loki started.

"We need a smart scientist, and there was no way we could have Dr. Bruce Banner turning into the Hulk, tearing the lab to nothing, or Tony Stark in that metal suit."

He began to walk away when he stopped. "So we took the next best thing." With that, he did leave. "You won't get anything out of me." I told him a smug look on my face.

"I figured you'd say that." He smirked, and I raised an eyebrow. I felt a stinging sensation on my wrists, and I looked down. What the hell? I screamed out in pain.

"Those cuffs you're wearing are programmed to burn through your flesh. I suggest you get working." He smirked, leaving the room..

× SOMEBODY HAS TO SAVE KIRSTEN. WHO WILL IT BEEEE.? -GxddessK.