Chapter XXII.

"You know I never meant to hurt you, my darling." I rolled my eyes at him, being as he's said that 20 times in the course of about 5 hours.

"It's fine, Thor." I told him, resting into his chest. "How about you say sorry for the ass kicking you gave everyone else?" Natasha muttered and Clint agreed as he held a damp cloth to his bloody lip.

"My apologies. Shawarma on me in Midgard?" He suggested, and Tony couldn't wait to say yes. "Hell fucking yeah." He said, placing a bandage on his finger.

"What is that, a paper cut?" Bruce joked, sipping some orange juice. "Yes, it is. I don't need it getting infected." He replied. "Where's Nick and Steve?" Clint questioned.

Everyone shrugged their shoulders, not sure. I felt my heart drop into my stomach. They wouldn't be.. No.

I held my phone out, trying to get signal but this place has got nothing. Soon after, Nick and Steve walked in.

"Oh thank God you two are okay." I breathed, hugging them both. They had me worried sick. "We're fine, but Malekith's gotten away. Until he's found, Kirsten, you have to stay here. They know we're on our way back to Earth, and its not safe."

Nick explained, and my jaw dropped. "What is it I have that they want so bad?" I questioned to myself aloud. I leaned over, rubbing my face. "I don't know, but whatever it is, they won't stop until they get it." Nick was very stern with his words.

"I've already cleared it with Odin. I'll take her to where she'll be staying, and meet you all back here. We have agents waiting for her." Nick said.

"Director Fury, she should stay with me where I can keep her safe-" "Thor, I get it. You all have this whole "love" thing going on, but I need my scientist safe, and the only safe place I can keep her right now is here."

Thor shut himself up, putting an arm around me. "How helpful is she going to be from Asgard if we're on Earth?" Bruce pointed out. I did get no service here.

"How helpful are you running your mouth? What don't you understand when I say I've got this?" He barked.

"I've got a plan." Nick exited the room without another word, indicating that was his final decision..