Chapter XXXV.

Quickly and quietly, I followed Bruce through the crowd of people. We were trying to stay hidden. With all the people rushing in different directions, we wouldn't be seen.

While following behind him, I felt a pain in my stomach. "Kirsten, are you okay?" He immediately tried to help me without drawing attention to us.

The pain sharpened, and I winced. "Yeah, I'm fine." I lied, waving him off. "Don't lie to me," He spoke. "Here."

He helped me to the nearest family bathroom. We both went in, and I sat in a chair. "Are you pregnant?" He whispered, and I shook my head.

Then I thought about it.. Am I? I surely hope not. At the peak of Malekith and Loki's evil schemes, a child was the last thing Thor and I needed.

"Would you mind buying a test?" I asked sheepishly. Thankfully, there was no one in here. Bruce gave me a look, and huffed, defeated.

"Thank you so much, Brucey." I pinched his cheek, and he moved my hand away. "What did I tell you about that whole cheek-pinching thing?"

He questioned, and I giggled. "Not to do it. Sorry. They're just so adorable." I mentioned. "I'll be right back. Stay right here."

He stood up from leaning in front of me, walking out..

וו×

"Bruce, it's positive!" I ran out the stall, and he smiled. A few women in the bathroom were smiling at us. They were probably thinking it was Bruce's.

"That's great!" He said with a smile, but I couldn't help but cry. "What would Thor want with a child right now?" I muttered, crying.

"He might. You never know, and even if he doesn't, 9 months from now, things could be completely different. It could be the perfect baby time."

He rubbed my back, and I tried to control my waterworks. "Let's get out of here, okay? We're supposed to go somewhere safer than a public bathroom."

He joked, trying to lighten the mood. "Bruce, you need to work on your jokes." I laughed a little. "Lately I've been trying." He pouted.

"Just try to take it down a few notches, will ya?" I asked, following him out the door. "Fine."