Chapter XXIX.

I saw Steve sitting outside, and I walked up behind him. I just needed to remember anything about us.

"Steve, I am so, so sorry." I felt like even the most sincere apology couldn't help what I did. "No, don't apologize.. It's not your fault."

Turning to face me, he placed a sweet kiss on my forehead. "I'll always love you, Kirsten. And if you love Thor, it's okay.. I just want you to be happy."

Hearing those words leave his lips hurt me even more. "Steve, please-" "Kirsten, I'm not mad at you. I just need a minute." He muttered, hanging his head.

I slowly backed away, going back inside. "How's he doing?" Natasha asked, and I couldn't even think of a good answer.

"He's in the most broken state mentally and fragile emotionally." Was all I came up with. It was sad, but true. Thor stood alone, thinking.

"I'm going to go take a long, hot bath, and go straight to sleep." After a few minutes of quietness, I did just that. I ran the bath water, and stripped down.

Adjusting to the lowkey boiling water of the tub, I closed my eyes, instantly relaxing. In the midst of my stress relieving session, I heard the door open.

"May I enter?" Thor's rough voice attempted to whisper, but he might as well have yelled it. "Sure." I answered, keeping my eyes closed.

"I have indeed talked to Captain Rogers.." He told me, and I honestly didn't want to hear it. "Mhm." I muttered. I didn't want to talk about it.

After a few moments of silence marinating in the bathroom, I heard the rustle of clothing. I opened one eye to see Thor undressing himself.

"I hope you do not mind if I join you?" By time he asked this, he was already naked. He slipped into the tub behind me, and I leaned into his chest.

He rested his face in my neck, letting his soft lips leave small kisses. I was so comfortable I could've fallen asleep. I took a handful of bubbles, carefully placing them on Thor's beard.

"You look like your father." I joked, giggling at my "bubbly-bearded" masterpiece. Thor emitted a deep chuckle, shaking his head at my silliness.

He placed his band in the water, scooping up some bubbles, and placed them on my head. "What's this supposed to be?" I asked, and he shrugged.

"A wig, perhaps?" He questioned, and I just went along with it. After acting like 5 year olds for the past 10 minutes, we finally scrubbed each other down, and got out.

"What shall we watch?" He questioned, as we both took a seat on the couch and went Netflix searching. We eventually settled on the movie "Fast And Furious 7."

"Try not to fall asleep, alright?" He laughed, putting his arm around me. "Yeah, yeah.." I mumbled, and before I knew it, I was dosing off..

× sorry updates take 5ever. h8 skewl