19. Birthday

It was very busy in the house today.

Today was Violets and Liam's birthday party and they were both excited but they both refused to help set up decorations.

Violet had to pick out her outfit and Liam said that he didn't need to help since the party was for him.

"Skylar get off the couch and help Taylor NOW!" I yelled from the kitchen.

I was beyond stressed.

Carson had been up all night dealing with ear pains and Conner wouldn't help me which was understandable because he had been at work from 5:30 in the morning till about midnight everyday for four days.

"I'm getting up" Sky snapped back from the living room.

I was running around the kitchen trying to make food which wouldn't be horrible but Carson begged me to hold him and now he refused to let me put him down.

As I was pulling the macaroni out of the oven I heard the front door open.

I let out a breath of relief when I saw Conner walk into the kitchen carrying two boxes which had Liam's and Violets cakes in them.

"Hi baby" Conner said before walking over and giving me a kiss.

"Hey" I said.

"Carson do you wanna go with daddy?" I asked hoping Conner could take him upstairs and get him to take a nap.

He shook his head before grabbing his ears.

I assumed he had an ear infection because it was starting to get cold outside and he refused to wear a jacket or anything warm.

"Come on buddy lets go take a nap" Conner said in a hopeful voice while sticking his hands out towards Carson.

Carson shook his head and started to push Conners hands away.

"It's fine but could you help me get the food ready"

He gave me a nod before helping me get the rest of the food ready.

Half way through making the fruit salad Louise showed up and took over.

Telling Conner and I to go kid proof the house which meant hide things.

"Do you wanna go with Bradley?" I asked Carson when I saw Bradley pass the doorway.

Bradley stopped and looked at me at the sound of his name.

Carson shook his head.

"What's wrong with him?" Bradley asked.

"He refuses to wear a coat so now he's sick" I said.

Bradley nodded before 'sneaking' out of the room.

I started to clean up the play room and I was so into what I was doing that I didn't notice May standing in the doorway.

"Hey baby mama" May said making me jump before running over to her.

I immediately pulled her into a hug.

"I missed you" I said and she laughed.

She got back from her vacation two days ago and I hadn't seen her yet.

"I missed you too and I missed you too munchkin" She said poking Carson's tummy.

He giggled before laying his face against my neck.
~
Screaming and laughter!

That's all I heard and it was giving me a headache.

It had been about an hour since all of the little kids showed up.