03

Xander (in the mm.)

"What did you tell her Nicole?" I asked through the phone.

"I didn't say anything to her babe." She whined. "When are you going to dump her?" She added.

"I don't know, but I also don't plan on doing that too her."

"Well you need to before you end up killing her one day."

"Why would I do that?"

"Well for starters, you already beat her. Half the time you say it's for no reason."

"I wouldn't kill her. I'm not like that."

"What ever you say Xander, anyways, I have to go, my friends are coming over soon."

"Guy friends or girls?"

"Girls silly." She chuckled. "Good because I don't share what's mines."

"But I don't like to share either." I could tell she was pouting.

"As of now, you don't. We ain't did nothing in a few weeks."

Just then the door unlocked and Crystal walked in with a little smile on her face. She doesn't smile when she's with me.

"I got to go I'll call you later."

"Bye." I sat the phone down on the coffee table and signaled her to come to me with my finger.

"Where you been all night?" I asked her.

"With my friends." She spoke lowly. She had her head down as if she colored on the walls and knew she was guilty.

"Okay, just let me know next time. I left the house with you and I expect to return." I added before going into the kitchen.

Odell

The worst part of this is taking her back home. Crystal, geez I can't even explain how she changed me.

I meet her one day at a bar. She had her head in her hands a small drink in front of her.

I approached her when I saw tears falling and her struggling to wipe them all.

"You okay?" I asked sitting next to her.

She just nodded.

"Well why you crying then?" I asked.

She just shrugged.

"You can tell me. I wouldn't tell anyone anything." I said sincerely.

She turned and looked at me. She had the prettiest green eyes, but they were supper teary.

"I'm in this relationship and I that I can't seem to get out of. I'm tired." She said grabbing the drink off of the table and taking a sip.

"Why can't you get out of the relationship?" I asked curiously while ordering a drink too.

"Because he always finds me and brings me back. I'm surprised I even got out today.

"You are?" This man must be dangerous.

"Yeah." We talked more and more after that drinking glass after glass.

We were wasted.

"Let's go." My words slurred as I grabbed her hand.

"I can't I have to.... Get back home before..."

"Before what? Girl come on I won't hurt chu'" I said leading her to my car.

That night I pretty much hugged her and held her why she cried about her problems. I gave her my number and told her to call if she ever need anything.

She did a few times, and I just ended up falling in love with her. I didn't mean too, because I know she's engaged but we don't ask for certain things.

Shit happens.

Sometimes I just want to know why she feels like she can't leave. We've been seeing each other for 2 years. She's been engaged for 3. I won't let her get married as long as I love her.

My phone started ringing and it was my little brother on FaceTime.

"Odell!" Kordell's excited voice yelled.

"What's up?" I said trying to examine the background. "You at Nanny T's house." I asked.

"Yeah. I have to stay here for thanksgiving break because I got in trouble at school."

"Pops told you that?" I asked.

"Yeah."

Truth be told, my dad was fvcking some hoe. That's how my baby brother whose just over a year old was created. I love my baby brother don't get me wrong, but what 50 year old has a baby with a 30 year old? My brothers and sister have different moms.

"Dang what you do?"

"I cussed out my teacher." He said as if it was nothing.

"Why?"

"Because she was getting on my nerves." He said nonchalantly.

"You need some help K. You can't just go cussing people out because you feel like it. Especially when you 13 years old."

"I know." He said. Just then my grandma started telling him something in the background.

"Who is that?" She yelled.

"Bye." I said laughing.

"I'll call you later."

I hung up and went upstairs to take my nap before practice.