13

Crystal

I tried to figure out what Odell was thinking about as he stared straight at me stuck in some kind of trance.

"Here's your food." The waitress said putting my plate in front of me and Odell's in front of him.

"Thank you." I said as she left. He finally popped back to life and looked down at his plate.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

He shook his head and stuffed his mouth with pasta.

"Are you sure?" I asked again knowing it makes him mad.

"Yeah." He sighed and continued eating quietly.

I looked down at my phone in my lap that kept vibrating. A few messages were from my job inviting me to a Christmas party, and then a few were from my cousins and then my friend Josie(Joe•Z) who I haven't spoken to in a while.

Josie: I just landed in New York! We really need to link up.

Me: Where you staying at? I'll meet you later on tonight.

Since Odell is being boring right now.

I guess I was on my phone for a while because I looked up and Odell was already done with his food.

....

I switched clothes into something more comfortable than what I was wearing to got to the movies with Josie. She was my friend since Pre-K.

I grabbed my cross body handbag and my car keys and left.

Xander

"Your doing it wrong! That's not how you cook steak!" Nicole yelled as I was seasoning.

"What you mean? I'm seasoning- oh I forgot you were white. There's these things called spices that us minorities use to make our food taste better right, and I'm putting some on my steak, you cook yours how you want it."

"Fine." She said pushing me out the way.

"You gotta cook that all the way through though since you pregnant."

"Oh, I almost forgot to tell you, they asked about you at work yesterday and I didn't know what to say, so I just said you moved to another  law firm."

"So you basically quit for me?" I asked raising one eyebrow.

"Yeah, I guess."

"Sometimes I wander what goes through your crazy ass mind." I mumbled, but she heard.

"My crazy ass mind?" She chuckled. "Yeah okay."

Odell

"Odell, your grandma wants you to call her and your brothers fly in tomorrow morning." My mom said trying to run my life.

"Okay, I'll give her a call."

"You said that last time and you didn't."

I sucked my teeth. "But all she does is tell me I need to go to bible study, and that I need Jesus. I'm not a Cult, and I don't have time for-"

"Don't you tell me you don't have time for her or God. That's exactly how them famous people go crazy, they block the most important people out of they lives and then when they need something form them they get rejected. Your going to wish you called her soon." I sighed.

"You done ranting? I got something to do." The phone hung up and I sat on the edge of the bed. I don't know where Crystal went and I completely shutdown at the restaurant earlier.

Imma go broke after Christmas trying to get on everybody's good side.