04

Crystal

(6 days later)

I don't know why I wait up for Xander to get home. I know exactly who he may be with, but not where he's at.

I put his plate in the microwave and carried mines into the living room. It's 9:45 pm. Not too late, but when we first got together he was always home by 8:30.

I turned on the news to see what was going on and all that came up were a few robberies.

My phone buzzed and it was a message from him.
--------------------------------------------
Xander:
Had to stay and catch up on some work. I'm on my way now. -9:49 pm.
--------------------------------------------
Me:
Okay, your plate is in the microwave.-9:50 pm.
--------------------------------------------

No POV

When Xander got home he took is coat off placing it inside the closet and going   walked into the kitchen. He sat his Space Grey iPhone down on the counter and grabbed a bottle of Whiskey from the cellar.

"You didn't have to wait up for me." He said pouring it inside the glass.

"It's fine. I watched a few shoes on TV."
She said putting a piece of steak in her mouth.

He didn't respond to her, but instead he took his plate from the microwave and ate while leaning on the counter.

"How was work?" Xander asked.

"It was fine. Nothing new." She got up from her spot on the couch and washed her plate in the sink. She headed up to the master bedroom and laid down after her long day.

Xander came upstairs after his meal and got in the shower. After he lathered up he received a text from Nicole.

Thing 2❤️: Enjoyed you and miss you already. You should take your "business trip" soon babe.

He turned and looked at a sleeping Crystal.

Xander: I think I'll take it in a few days. Where you wanna go?

Thing 2❤️: Miami.

Xander: Sounds like a plan then. Put in for a week off and I buy the tickets.

After his conversation with Nicole he laid down and turned his back toward Crystal. He never in a million years thought he would be cheating on his fiancée and doing everything possible to make her life harder, but his father did the same exact thing to his mother growing up.

The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.

Xander still loved Crystal and he even planned on having kids with her one day, but when Nicole took the job at the law firm just before he got engaged to Crystal he wanted her instead.

The next morning Crystal woke up extra early to leave. She showered, but didn't bother to make breakfast. She didn't have to be there until 11 in the morning, but she promised Odell that she would meet him for breakfast.

She climbed into her all white Audi A4 and put the address in of the place Odell wanted her to go.

Odell was already there waiting in his car for her. He got a whole room rented just for them so that no one else could invade their privacy. This morning, Odell had been feeling very happy for some reason. He didn't know exactly why, but he just was and that was rare.

He bobbed his head to the rap music coming from the speakers. 15 minutes later Crystal pulled up and got out of her car. Odell also got out and the two walked into the restaurant being seated in the room.

"How you been?" He asked her as soon as we sat down.

"Good." She said smiling.

"Just good?"

"Yeah. I haven't seen you in like almost a week." She pouted.

"I know, I know. That's gone change though." He said opening the menu from in front of him.

"I watched your game last night."

"You liked seeing me lose?" He asked her getting a little sad.

"No, why would I want that? I thought that should have been a touchdown if it makes you feel any better." She said hoping to brighten the mood.

"It was. Everyone told me in the locker room, as soon as I got home my phone was flooded with messages, but you can't leave it up to refs to get shit right."

"At least it wasn't a blow out. It really could have been worse."

I shrugged ending that topic.

"What you want to eat?" He asked her.

"Uh, just french toast and eggs."

"You about to make me look fat. I'm getting half of this menu."
------------------------------
How do you guys feel about the story?

Moving too fast?

Odell and Crystal?

Crystal and Xander?

Xander and Nicole?