20

An important authors note before you start reading. My chapters are going to be as long as I make them, so vary in length and are shorter than others. I also take AP, college classes and high school class at the same time, so my updates may be slower than they were when I first started the book, but on a positive note...

|
|
|
                                       \ /

Odell

"Hey dad is Kordell call back you get a chance." Kordell said hanging up the phone and sighing. His winter break was coming to an end fast and he was still down here in Newark. Me and Kordell were trying to reach him but it's phone rings and goes to voicemail.

I don't know if it's the bitch he's with or what, but I've never really had a problem like this with him when I was younger. I wasn't too worried about Sonny, because he didn't have nothing to do, but attempt to flirt with Crystal in a foreign language.

"I don't think he wants us to live with him anymore..." Kordell said sighing. "But that's all good, I can stay down here with you." He said trying to lighten the mood.

"What makes you say he don't want y'all anymore?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"He comes home after 2 in the morning so I have to watch Sonny as soon as I get home and change his pee-pee as- diaper and sometimes help him take a bath. Then when it's time to go to school I get him ready for Ms. Lena to come get him." I shook my head processing what he just said.

"He luh' you guys. He just probably lost in his own world right now, I'll try to have a talk with him." I replied staring at Sonny attempting to throw a ball.

"I guess." He shrugged and stood up. "I'm going upstairs."

I felt bad for him, he felt abandoned by one of the only person in his life, since his mom passed a few years ago. If it came down to it, I would definitely let them stay with me, but I just hope my dad can fix whatever problems he has.

As for me, I don't even know. It seems like I'm distancing myself from Crystal more and more everyday, but whenever I go and try to make it right I get sidetracked or she's doing something else.

She came downstairs and walked passed.

"Wait Crystal, can we talk?" I asked still slumped in the couch.

"Uh, sure." She said surprised. She walked over and sat down where Kordell had been seated earlier.

"I didn't mean to shut down on you like that, I don't know what happened." I admitted. "It's just..." I sighed as Sonny climbed onto Crystal's lap.

"It's what?"

"I wanted to ask you if you'd marry me, but your past relationship just fucked everything for us- well for me up." By now my head was in my hands. I didn't want to look up to see if she was still there or anything.

"Well, to be fair, I can't automatically assume this relationship would turn out like the other one, but we could give it a try if you really want to."

"Wait a sec." I said going up to my room.

Xander

"Oh, Xander? I didn't know you'd be back so soon." Nicole stammered. She had on a small black dress as if she was going out somewhere.

"I got out on bail, but I still have trail and all of that." I said stepping into the house. "Why you so surprised to see me? You missed me?" I asked.

"Yeah I did. I was just going out to a bar with my friend Samantha. I'm not drinking or anything though."

"You better not be. Why you not getting any bigger?" I asked taking a seat on the couch.

"Every women develops different Xander." She said quickly and defensively.

"Okay, okay. I was just asking. You been spending wisely?"

"Something like that." She mumbled.

"I'm supposed to meet my friends at 9 and its 8:40. I'll be back in a little while." She grabbed a coat and then left.

'Guess I'm going be alone tonight' I thought to myself as I began looking for a movie on Netflix.

---------

What do you guys think will happen?

Expect some plot twists (major or minor)......