09

Xander

"CRYSTAL!" I yelled walking through the door.

I went all around the house, through the kitchen, office, and finally the bedroom. I approached her closet door silently praying her stuff was still inside.

I pushed the door open and flipped the light switch on. "Fuck." I mumbled when I saw that the closet was ransacked with clothes missing and hangers on the floor.

"What's wrong?" Nicole walked in brushing her hands all over the walls and bed.

"I thought I told you to wait in the car." I said turning toward her. I closed the closet door and sat on the bed. She sat next to me lifting her skirt slightly.

"She left?" She asked lowly.

"What you think?" I asked sarcastically.

"Why are you so upset? You told me millions of times that you didn't want to be with her." She stood up and examined the pictures on my nightstand and dresser.

"Well for one, she still has that ring that I had custom made."

"I would have took it to." She mumbled smirking.

"What's up with y'all females man. Always leaving for no reason and starting the most unnecessary drama."

"You beat her." She said confused. "If that wasn't a good enough reason to leave then I don't know what would be." She leaned against the dresser.

"Stop reminding me, damn." I got up and went downstairs toward the kitchen to get me a drink.

"Your place is pretty nice."

"I know, I wouldn't have bought it." I chuckled.

As I pulled out a small bottle of Hennessy from the cellar, there was a knock at the door.

"Are you going to get it?" Nicole asked.

"I don't know, should I?"

"No."

The knocking wasn't going away. I sighed and looked through the peephole. I saw two male police officers standing there with a pictures of Crystal in their hands. I immediately thought the worst.

Crystal went to the police?

"I'll go upstairs while you take this." She said jogging up. I nodded and unlocked the door pulling it open.

"Are you Xander Thompson?" One of them asked.

"No, I'm his brother. Is there a problem?" I asked trying to hide my nervousness.

"No sir but, do you know where he might be?" He asked.

"No, the last time I talked to him he told me he was disconnecting his phone." I lied, but it was clear and sounded believable.

"Okay, sir, if he happens to return home can you please call us? Just call the NYPD." He said  walking down the stone steps.

Stupid ass niggas.

"Okay I will. Have a good day." I said closing the door.

I watched in the window until the patrol car pulled away. If I get called now, I could land a little more time in jail for lying.

"Cone on Nicole we going to your place."