Epilogue

"Mia!" Odell yelled out the glass sliding door. Mia immediately stopped chasing her puppy Mermaid and looked at her dad.

"Yes daddy?" She yelled picking up her small Pomeranian.

"It's time for you to take your medicine. Come inside."

Mia approached her father Odell and stepped through the sliding door. "But it's nasty. I don't like it." She pouted as he sat her on the counter.

"Do you like your stomach hurting? I picked you up early from school and took you to the doctor so technically your supposed to be laying in bed."
He said putting the plastic syringe in the pink bubblegum flavored medicine.

"B-but it's nasty, mommy doesn't make me take it." The five year old argued. Odell sighed remembering that her mother was going to be picking her up tonight.

"That's because she doesn't take good care of you."

She sighed in defeat taking her medication. It reminded her of the nasty hard bubble gum in goodie bags that she hated. "You hungry? What you want to eat?" He asked pulling out boxed pizzas, and chicken nuggets. "These are you two options for snack time."

"Uhh, chicken nuggets." She smiled showing her missing teeth.

Mia's Momma: I'll be there at 7.

Odell: alright

"Your mom said she'll be here in a few hours."

"No! I don't wanna go. Do I have to?" She looked up at him with such sad eyes. She clutched her doll tightly and sighed. "I don't like it over there."

"Why not?"

"Because one time mommy left me at home and went shopping."

"What?" Odell asked stepping back over to her. "What did she come home with?"

"The gold bag with cursive. A lot of them. And I didn't even eat dinner. I was so hungry."

"You want to stay here with me?" He asked putting a smile back on her face.

"Forever?"

"No, it won't be forever. I'll try to make it forever okay?" Odell was already in the process of getting full custody, but his career made it tough. He was supposed to be spending as much time as possible with Mia, but practice made it tough.

"Okay."

"You need new shoes or anything?"

"Uh, I need a tennis shoes for school."

"Alright I'll get Nana to get you some good ones."

"Can I see her?" She smiled at her name. Heather adored Mia and cared for her through much of Odell's football season, but Heather wasn't a fan of Mia's mother resulting in argument, after argument, after argument. "Let's FaceTime her."

"Alright here." He said navigating to her contact and handing Mia the phone.

Odell picked her up and sat her on the couch and headed to his silent room where he went to calm down. Inside, was a picture of his mother, sister, and Mia. The people who brought him joy, happiness, and made him keep going and pushing to be a better man.

On the accent table beside the couch, was a picture that brought him pain and weakness. It was a picture of him and Crystal. Take right before Mia was born. He picked the picture up and sighed holding it up near his chest. She smiled so largely and leaned her head on Odell's shoulder in the picture.

"Man, I miss you so much." He whispered sitting down on the sofa with the picture still in hand. Her death was the hardest thing he ever dealt with in his life and it made him want to use his days wisely. It made him keep relationships with his friends and family strong and healthy. He realized the phrase nobody is promised tomorrow was true. He still remembered the day she passed very vividly.

Crystal had just began to get open up and recover from being kidnapped by Xander. She was really only comfortable around Odell, and they healed together. He credited Crystal with helping him with mending his relationship with his mother, she pushed him to be the bigger person and talk to her about their past.

"You taught me so much. How to love again, forgive, and keep going." To him, there was no one stronger than her. She'd dealt with so much and had a rough life and he was glad he was able to get her out of the situation she was in. "I still don't know how to keep move forward without you."

On the day of her death, Odell was at the doctors appointment with Sydney checking on baby Mia. Why Crystal decided to stay with him through that, he still didn't know. He received a call from the police station telling him to get down to the Newark hospital urgently. They had received an unconscious woman who was stabbed multiple times at a shopping center.

"Where is she? What happened?" Odell asked running around the hospital. He couldn't stand still for two seconds. He shook and sweated as he waited for answers.

Crystal was fighting for her life after being ambushed by Xander. He saw her exiting The North Face Store and knew he had to strike.

"You know how much trouble I'm in Crystal? I'm out of a job, lost my house, and my babies because of you. Because you cheated on me and caused me to go crazy. I'm gonna be locked up because of your ass, you know that?" Xander yelled angrily. "I lost everything! Why do you deserve to be happy?" He asked shaking her. "Why should you get to win? Blondie? I wanted to have him injured, but I realized he'd still have you, so why not take you away from him instead?"

"I'm not happy. You ruined my life, my mental stability, and my outlook on life. I don't know why you're here when I have a restraining order against you. Leave me alone Xander."

"Bullshit, you everywhere. Magazines, monitors, everything. Because of that, you don't need to live. I'm ending you here." He smirked pulling out a knife. "You think that lil piece of paper go'n keep a crazy nigga away? If I'm gone be in jail for rape, kidnaping, and assault I might as well just go ahead and be in jail for murder, plead guilty and take 25 maybe 30 years. I'll still have my life. You? You'll be rotting."

Crystal took a deep breath realizing that he really would end her life right there on the spot. He didn't care because he'd already lost so much. She looked at him as he raised the knife and closed her eyes saying a prayer. Not for herself, but for Odell.

Father God, I know I have sinned and I'm not asking for forgiveness because I may be meeting you soon. I'm asking for you to be with Odell when he finds out I won't be with him any longer. For when he thinks he's alone and had nothing to look forward to. For when he needs guidance and comforting.

"Ironically, this is basically the same way Nicole died." Xander said as he began to attack her. "Tell her that I'm sorry and that she'll always be ma snow queen."

There was a faint knock on the door causing Odell to sit the picture on the couch. "Daddy are you in there?"

"Yeah, come in."

Mia handed Odell his phone and sat on his lap. She laid her head down against her dad's chest and noticed the picture next to him. "I wish I could've meet her."

"I know baby, I wish you could've too."

•••

It's late but it's here! I hope you guys enjoyed this story that took me years to write. It's not the best and is error filled but I wanted to finish it off because I don't know if I'll come back to it later. Wattpad is not the same as it used to be.

Were any of you guys expecting a happy ending?

I wanted it to be different, because in reality, no one really benefits from cheating in relationships in the long run.

Any other book you guys want to see finished?

Vote, comment, follow, and leave me suggestions of bomb ass stories!