18

Crystal

Once I finished picking up the wrapping paper from the floor I stuffed it into the large Hefty garbage bag. I begin walking upstairs when I heard a large thump upstairs. I went upstairs to see Kordell on the floor scratching his head and bills everywhere.

"What were you doing?" I asked.

"I was trying to make a music.ly while I was on the hoverboard, but it didn't work out." He grabbed his money and turned off the board.

"Where's your brothers?" I asked noticing it was very quite. Odell always had music playing in the house or a movie going and I didn't hear neither.

"In the room. He's being weird though." He responded heading down the stairs.

I attempted to opened the door the the bedroom, but it was locked. So I knocked. When he opened the door it was completely dark in the room.

"What are you doing?" I asked confused. It was Christmas morning and he was spending it locked inside the room.

"Nothing." He opened the door a little more and turned around going further inside the room.

I stepped in and opened the curtains letting natural light flow in the room. "Close them, they were fine before."

"Why are you in the dark like this?"

"I don't know." He said shrugging. He laid back on the bed and flipped through the channels. "I'm starting to like being in the dark." He mumbled.

I sat down on the bed next to him and tried my best to figure out what was really going on, so I asked him.

"Nothing going on. I just- nevermind."

"Your going to regret not telling people how you really feel one day."

"Am I?" He asked. Bits of sunlight came in to the room as I saw his figure stand up. "Well maybe I'll take that chance."

"Okay, switching topics since you're being weird. I'm going to go back to work soon."

"Why? It's only been a mon- actually around 3 weeks." His voice deepened.

"Well I miss having things to do, and I decided that I'm going back."

"Well you can't." He stated and grabbed a water bottle off of the nightstand.

"Your kidding right? You really starting to slowly act like Xander." It was true because over the past few weeks ever since going to dinner with him, he started talking to me less and being more demanding and controlling.

He didn't even respond, so I got up and went downstairs and started breakfast for everyone.