Chapter 5

Song of the chapter: Clarity by Zedd

Emily's POV

"Psst."

Austin groaned.

"Austin."

"What?" He whined tiredly.

"Guess what?"

"Emily, go back to sleep."

"No, it's time to get up."

I heard him snoring again, so I threw the covers off of me. Well, he asked for what was about to happen.

Cracking my knuckles, I grabbed one of my pillows and pounced on my boyfriend, smacking the shit out of him with it.

"Get. Up. Now. Austin," I puncuated with every hit, causing him to swear.

"Emily, knock it off!" He yelled angrily as he tried to grab my wrists, but I dodged his hands.

"No, you have to get up!" I told him with a pillow-hit to the face.

"Ow!" He finally grabbed my wrists and tried to wrestle me down on to the bed. It was kind of funny how Lucy was sleeping through the door in the other room while her parents were attacking each other in this room.

I didn't notice that Austin was on top of me, my arms pinned under his hands.

"Damn, even when you're half asleep, I still manage to lose," I panted.

Austin smirked. "You'll never win."

I rolled my eyes. "At least you're awake now."

"Why did you wake me up anyways?"

"It's your birthday, you idiot!" I laughed. "It should be the other way around."

He softened. "Oh, right! I forgot."

"I see that," I leaned up and kissed him. "Happy birthday."

"Thanks," he smiled. He let me go and I rolled out from under him onto the ground. "I can't believe you didn't want a party. I wanted to plan another awesome time!"

He shrugged. "Just me, you, Taylor, Alex, and Lucy is enough for me. I'm going out with my mom later."

"Okay, that's fine." I strolled over to the door and peeked into Lucy's room. She was still asleep.

"She's still out cold."

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Austin asked seductively.

I smiled. "Why yes, I think I am."

We looked at each other for a split second before both bolting to the bathroom door. We got there at the same time, which resulted in a who-can-get-through-the-door-first fest. "It's my turn to go first," Austin complained.

"Is not! You had a shower first yesterday, so it's my turn."

"It's my birthday!"

"It's my birthday in two weeks!"

"That does nothing. So I win," he grunted as he tried to push me to the side. He had the advantage of being seven inches taller than me, but I was quicker.

And apparently that wasn't enough, because he managed to push me to the side and get through the door, shutting it behind him.

"Screw you!" I called.

"No thanks," he replied sweetly.

I sighed and went to make the bed while he took what I figured would be thirty minute shower since he always took forever. Like seriously? Mine were fifteen minutes, and my hair was way longer than his.