Chapter 6

Song of the chapter: Birthday by Katy Perry

Emily's POV

While she ate, I went to the basement and made sure Austin's cake was in the freezer. Taylor was supposed to have had brought it over while we were away the day before, but it was Taylor, so I just wanted to make sure. But it was there, which was great.

Now for the present. I opened the washing machine and saw that it was still sitting in there where I had placed it before. I know, hiding a present in the washing machine? But Austin was "allergic" to laundry, so he never came close to the washing machine or dryer.

I went back upstairs just as Austin entered the kitchen with Lucy in his arms.

"I should have known," I smiled as I surveyed her outfit. She was wearing a pink t-shirt that said 'Daddy's Little Princess' across the front with a black zip up hoodie, jeans, and little pink high top shoes. She had a little pink clip in her brown hair.

"What?" Austin laughed. "She looks perfect!" He kissed Lucy's cheek before setting her down on the ground. She crawled over to Pancakes, who was lying by the table. Pancakes was very protective of Lucy, and Lucy loved Pancakes. Well, she loved pulling her ears and tail especially.

"So what's the plan?" Austin asked.

"Taylor and Alex should be here any minute." A knock sounded at the door. "Or second."

I went into the hallway and opened the front door. "Hey guys."

"Hey!" Taylor and Alex greeted as I let them in. Austin and Alex did their handshake when we got back to the kitchen, and our friends wished Austin a happy birthday.

"Taylor didn't ship you to New Zealand Alex?" I grinned as we all moved into the living room. Taylor sat down on a chair and was playing with Lucy on her lap.

"New Zealand? You were going to ship me to Zealand?" Alex squeaked, turning to Taylor.

"Zealand?" Austin said, confused.

"Long story," Taylor and I said at the same time.

We chatted for a bit before Alex randomly said, "Should I dye my hair green?"

We all looked at him. "No way. Why would you dye your hair green?" Austin asked.

"That would look odd," I said.

"I'll chop your head off like the Queen of Hearts if you dye it green," Taylor glared.

"I don't know; I thought it would make me look like a tree," Alex told us. "Because I'm tall."

"And you want to look like a tree because..." I said slowly.

"Trees are cool."

Austin started to say something, but stopped himself with a shake of his head. "Just don't do it, dude."

"Fine." Alex brightened. "How about pink? I could lift up one leg and rock a flamingo look and-"

"No!" We all exclaimed.

Alex pouted and crossed his arms. "Jellybean destroyers."

"Excuse me?" Austin said.

"Who is this?" Taylor asked me, jerking a thumb at her boyfriend.

"You know who I am! We've known each other for six years. It's me, Alex!" Alex said.

Taylor handed Lucy to Alex and shot out of her chair. "I need a drink; maybe two. I'll be back." She walked out of the room into the kitchen.

"Your auntie is crazy. She doesn't even know who I am," Alex said to Lucy who looked up at him with wide eyes.

"Oh dear god," Austin mumbled from beside me, making me stifle a laugh.

After Taylor was done with her drinks, we all went back to the kitchen for cake. I went down to get it and came back up with the candles lit.

I set the cake in front of Austin and Lucy who was sitting in his lap, and we all sang happy birthday to him. Taylor took a few pictures.

"Thanks," Austin smiled before blowing out the candles. "I love you guys." He pressed a kiss to Lucy's head, and I smiled.

"Happy birthday, Austin," I said before kissing him quickly. I saw a flash go off.

"I had to, it was too cute," Taylor smiled, her camera in hand.

After we finished with our cake, Austin opened presents. Taylor got him a new pair of purple hightops and Alex got him a shirt that was obviously custom made because it had a huge picture of Alex on the front with the words 'I Love My BFF!" on it.

"Emily, are you kidding me?" Austin exclaimed when he opened mine. I smiled when he pulled out the slips of paper. "Rihanna tickets?!"

"I know you thought the concert was sold out already, but I managed to score tickets."

"This is awesome! Thanks, Ems," Austin told me before kissing my cheek. "All of the presents are awesome; you guys are the best."

Taylor and Alex stayed for a bit before they had to leave.

"So how was your birthday get together?" I asked.

Austin smiled. "I had you, Luce, and my best friends. It was perfect."