Chapter 68

So obviously this image and the song is based on something that's about to happen 😏😘 so be ready 🙏🏻🙌🏻

Song of the chapter: Marry Me by Jason DeRulo

Emily's POV

A girl that was grinning bigger than ever came up beside us with two menus and said, "Follow me!" she piped.

I spoke quietly to Austin. "Why can't we ever catch a break with super bubbly waitresses?"

"You're super bubbly," he pointed out.

"Good point. Wow, do I sound like that a lot?"

"Uh, yeah."

"I am so sorry."

"It's okay; I've had to deal with it for six years, so I'm used to it."

I lightly hit his arm. "Shut up."

He grinned and took my hand as Rachel led us outside to a secluded table. It was looking over the beach, and we were in complete privacy.

"We figured you both would want privacy," she said cheerfully as we sat down. "Hope this is okay."

"It's perfect, thanks," Austin told her.

She grinned. "Can I get you guys anything to drink to start?"

"I'm good with a water," I said.

"Same," Austin said. "Thanks."

"You're most welcome! I'll be back soon to take your order!"

When she was gone, Austin spoke up as we went through out menus. "Finally we're alone."

"At least it's nice out tonight," I spoke.

"We live in Miami. It's always nice."

"It's December."

"Speaking of December, what do you want for Christmas? It's only a few weeks away," Austin said.

I shrugged. "I don't know, actually. What do you want?"

"I have no idea," he admitted.

"It's kind of weird. Now that we're older, it's hard to think of what we want."

"We already have a lot," he said. "As selfish as that sounded."

Rachel came back and took our orders before skipping off again. While we waited, we made small talk and I tried to think of the last time we did anything together just by ourselves. It was a really nice getaway from everything.

"That lobster was amazing," Austin said for the fourth time. We were lying on a hill that overlooked the beach after we had paid for our meal. I had my head on his chest so we were lying in the same of a T.

I smiled. "I got that."

"You need to learn how to make lobster like that," he told me.

I scoffed. "You can learn yourself!"

"But I can't," he whined. "I'm not that good of a cook."

"You liar, you are so. You're better than me."

"I know, it didn't sound right saying it either."

I just smiled and shook my head.

We sat in comfortable silence for a few minutes before I felt Austin shift under me. "So, I kind of have something to tell you."

"Is it bad?" I asked.

"That depends."

That got my attention. I sat up and looked at him properly. "What's wrong, Austin?"