Chapter 15

Song of the chapter: The Best Day Of My Life by American Authors

Emily's POV

"Strut, strut, strut, and pop! Turn and arms out! Ooonce, ooonce, ooonce."

This Just Dance was a blast. I loved being home alone! Austin had taken Lucy to a doctor's appointment since I had been working in the morning, but I got back a half hour ago and they still weren't back. So I thought I'd do a little dancing. I mean, it couldn't hurt. Especially since there was no one around for me to hurt.

"Ah, 3000 points! I'm like the Michael Jackson of our generation. To the right, to the left. Spin, twist, and strut again! Pop and lock. Now go cray cray!"

Pancakes trotted into the room and stood in front of the TV. "Pancakes, look out. I can't see!"

She stared at me as she wagged her tail before jumping up and down. "Pancakes! Now I really can't see! If you're gonna dance, dance away from the TV."

She span in circles before lying down. "Alright, fine. While you're here, how's my dancing? Good? Bad? Come on, Pancakes, I need your opinion."

Pancakes sniffed and her ears perked. "Awe, thanks girL." Just then "Beauty and a Beat" came on. "Yes! Alright, here we go. Pop, lock, spin, and strut, strut, strut my stuff! What kind of move is that? It looks like a headless chicken running on the spot."

"Believe me, you look like a headless chicken running on the spot," came a voice from behind me.

I shrieked and whipped around to find Austin standing at the door with Lucy wrapped around his legs.

"How long have you been standing there?" I panted, pausing the game.

"Not that long."

"Oh thank god," I sighed.

"Pop, lock, spin, and strut, strut, strut my stuff!" He mocked in a high voice.

I rolled my eyes. "Hey, I almost beat your high score."

He glanced at the screen. "You're over five thousand points away!"

"I'm not done," I unpaused the game. "Watch and learn."

"Oh, I'll watch, but I don't think I'll learn anything," he smirked as he scooped up Lucy and sat on the couch. Pancakes walked over to them and sat down.

After a few seconds, Austin spoke up. "Hey, how come you're not chanting anymore?"

"I'd rather not now that you guys are here," I said as I span around. "It's reserved for 'Emily Time'."

Austin pouted. "Come on, it was cute."

"No way, josé."

"Fine." I finished the song and saw that I was only two hundred points away from Austin's high score. "Ha!"

"Newsflash: you didn't beat my score."

"It's my personal best, so that is an accomplishment for me!" I shut off the game and flopped down beside them. Lucy crawled onto my lap. "Jesus, that is a workout. Lucy, honey, I'm all sweaty, please stop trying to climb up me."

"No shit, it's dancing. How was work?"

I shrugged. "It was alright. There weren't many people because of that big council barbeque on the beach." Lucy stepped on my stomach in her quest to climb up my front and pressed her hands against my face. "Ouch, Lucy!"

"She missed you," Austin said. "Oh, the doctor said everything's fine."

"That's great," I smiled, grabbing Lucy and sitting her on my lap properly. "You're a healthy girl!"