Chapter 65

God bless this picture of Austin holding a baby 😍😍😍😍🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Song of the chapter: Crazier by Taylor Swift

Emily's POV

"Sorry," Austin said as he sat up straight again, wiping his nose. I smiled, and he sighed. "You have no idea how good it feels to see your smile again."

"Aww," I smiled. "But how were your first shows?"

"Awesome," he said. "Same as always. Although a few people passed out at the Tampa Bay one." He stopped. "Too soon?"

"No," I laughed. "When are you going start again?"

"When you're healthy again. I don't care how long it takes."

"Austin-"

"No, you're my first priority," he said firmly. "But no more injuries, okay?"

I sighed. "I'll try."

Taylor and Alex brought Lucy in at that moment. "Yay, you're awake!" Alex said.

"So good to have you back, girl," Taylor grinned.

"Mommy!" Lucy exclaimed, reaching for me.

"Hi, baby!" I said. Austin picked her and handed her to me, making sure she stayed clear of my one arm. "I missed you."

"Sick?" She asked. "Daddy said yeah."

"Yeah, but I'm better now," I told her, brushing down her hair gently.

"Cassidy stopped by to see you," Austin told me. "Same with Quinn, Jesse, and everyone else."

"Cassidy?" I asked.

"You never told me you ran into her again."

"I know, I'm sorry," I admitted. "I didn't want to bring up old drama."

He nodded in understanding. "It's okay; I'm not upset. We talked for a bit."

"Hopefully I get out of here soon," I said. "I just want to go home to my own bed. And eat good food."

"But the cake is so good," Alex said.

"Really, dude?" Austin said. "Again with the cake?"

"Sorry."

Okay, now I really wanted some of this cake. I smiled. "Oh, it's good to be back."

I had gotten back from the hospital a few days previously, and although it had been made clear that I was completely accident prone, I still wished that I hadn't been injured; everything was harder to do with my left arm in a sling.

The detectives hadn't gotten any more leads as to who had broken into our house, but I was now positive that nothing had been stolen. Austin bought a couple more lamps to replace the broken ones, and unfortunately, he had to clean up all of my blood before he did that. I couldn't even look at it all over the floor, knowing it was mine.

"Emily," Austin said.

"Hmm?"

"I asked if you wanted to come with me to take Lucy to Quinn's for her play date." He looked at me closely, concerned. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just zoned out, I guess. Sure, I'll come along." I stood up and grabbed my jacket, heading towards the door. "Let's go."

"Uh, aren't you forgetting something?"

"What?"

He pointed towards the floor, where Lucy was standing with her arm out towards me. "The whole reason we're going to Quinn's."