Chapter 87

Songs of the chapter: Never Grow Up by Taylor Swift

Then by Brad Paisley

My Wish by Rascal Flatt's

I Love You This Big by Scotty McCreary

How Do I Live by LeAnn Rimes

Emily's POV

As I waited for my dad to come find me, Jesse came into the foyer. "Wow," he said.

I smiled at him. "Really?"

He nodded. "Yes, really. You look beautiful," he said, giving me a hug. "My little sister is growing up."

"Oh hush, I'm a year younger than you," I teased. "But thank you."

"I'll see you later," he smiled, kissing my forehead.

I gave his hand a squeeze and he left.

"Alright, you ready, sweetie?" my dad asked as he arrived.

"Yeah," I smiled. "But I've got butterflies."

"That's normal," he said. "You look beautiful, Emily. Austin is a very lucky man."

"Thanks, dad," I replied with a grin. "And damn right he is."

The music started, and I linked arms with my dad. "Alright, daddy. Let's do this."

As soon as those big doors opened, and I saw all of my friends and family as I walked down the aisle, my nerves started to calm down. But as soon as I locked eyes with Austin, my nerves totally subsided, and it was just the two of us.

Austin seemed to be feeling the same as I did, because he put his hands over his mouth as he grinned and I could see that he was crying.

When I got to the front and my dad handed me over to Austin, my eyes started to well up. "You know when you cry, I cry, right?" I whispered to him as the minister started talking.

 "You know when you cry, I cry, right?" I whispered to him as the minister started talking

"I can't help it, you look so perfect," he whispered back.

I smiled as a tear dropped from my eyes and he reached down to brush it away. The rest of the minister dude talking was kind of a blur to me until we had to say our vows.

Austin went first. "Emiy, the first time we spoke, you were yelling at me for talking to you." Everybody laughed at that. "Oh, you all laugh, but it's true. I still don't know if it was for talking to her or for helping her."

"It was the talking. Plus, no talky to girl" I interjected, which made everyone laugh even harder.

"Well, now that we've cleared that up," Austin said. "Anyway, after that, I proceeded to steal one of your songs and take credit for it. I was a ruthless teenager. But you still managed to forgive me and we became music partners. Shortly after that, best friends. I could literally tell you anything because I trusted you more than I had ever trusted anyone in my life. Sorry Alex. You helped me overcome so many obstacles in my life and for that, I am truly grateful." He paused to try and compose himself a little bit because he was starting to get really emotional, but it was to no avail. "I can't even begin to tell you how much you mean to me; there isn't enough breath in my body to do that. Even through our ups and downs, and we've had a lot, and having Lucy, we've still come back to each other because that's what people do who love each other. You had to become a mother at a young age, but god, you are so good at it. I can't even imagine our lives without Lucy now. And I promise to love you until the day I die. You can't have Austin without Emily because there's no way I can or want to make it without you."