Chapter 84

Song of the chapter: Stand By You by Rachel Platten

Emily's POV

"Yes, hotel room at last," I said as I flopped onto the king sized bed. I breathed a huge sigh of relief.

"You're excited about a hotel room?" Austin asked with a small smile as he walked in after me carrying Lucy. Our luggage had been brought up already. Perks of being famous. And I meant that in a totally not selfish kind of way. It was just a given.

"Compared to a tour bus, yes," I replied. "There's more room, the beds are comfier, and it'll be easier having Lucy with us."

"True," Austin agreed. "Speaking of Lucy, you have her EpiPen, right?"

My head snapped up to him. "I thought you grabbed it."

His eyes widened. "Emily, I told you to grab it because I had my hands full. Did you not hear me?"

"No! I was too busy scrolling through emails from Ronnie!"

He set Lucy down on the bed. "Now we need to get her another one as soon as possible, which means making a trip across the city to the hospital. Damn it, Emily, pay attention next time."

"You're blaming me for paying attention to my job?"

"Over the safety of your child, yes!"

"It's not a huge deal; she's not having any peanuts and she's fine, but I'll go get another one, just keep your panties on." I brushed past him and grabbed the keys off of the counter before heading out the door.

"Yeah, act like it's my damn fault we forgot her EpiPen," I mumbled to myself as I walked into the elevator. "Next time he shouldn't tell me to do something when I'm clearly occupied and not paying attention."

"Having trouble?" a voice said from beside me.

I jumped and looked at to my right, and sighed. "Oh, hey Leonardo. I didn't even notice you walk in the elevator."

The Titanic beauty let out a chuckle. "Hi Emily. What brings you to New York? I haven't seen you or Austin at any events lately."

"Yeah, we've been busy with our daughter," I explained. "Austin's got a show here tonight, then we have to head home to get married."

"Oh right, the wedding is in a few days, is it not?"

"Yeah, it's almost here."

He grinned as we got to the main lobby. "I'm sure you're excited. Good luck with everything, Emily, and say hi to Austin for me."

"I will. See you, Leonardo." I bid him farewell and we parted ways. It wasn't odd running into other celebrities at hotels because the majority of us tended to stick to the same ones. Plus, Austin and I had met Leonardo at the Oscars a few years previously. Sadly, the guy had never won one, which was bull. He deserved one.

I ended up running into Blake Lively just as I was about to exit the hotel, so we chatted for a moment about her newborn daughter before I said goodbye to her as well and ran outside onto the street. I managed to hail a taxi fairly quickly, but the traffic sucked, so it took a while to get to the hospital. Once there, I went to the pharmacy department and ordered another prescription for Lucy.

When I returned to the hotel an hour later, I went back up to the room to find it empty. There was a note from Austin that said they went swimming, so I headed down to the swimming area and saw Austin with Lucy, who was splashing around in the kiddie pool. Of course, Austin was shirtless and looking cuter than ever.

"She's got a new EpiPen," I said, sitting down beside my fiancé

"Thanks," he said. "And I'm sorry I freaked out on you. But we have to be so careful now until she's old enough to take care of herself."

"Yeah, I know," I said, patting his arm. "Big, protective, badass, rocker daddy."

"Ah, I am badass, aren't I?"

"Very."

We were quiet for a minute while Lucy had the time of her life splashing around until Austin spoke. "So, you ready for Saturday?"

I smiled and linked my hand through his. "Ready to become Mrs. Mahone? Hell yes. I've never been more ready for anything in my entire life."

He leaned back to look at me better. "Not even to get over your stage fright?"

"Nope. You come first over everything." I paused. "Well, and Lucy."

He grinned and gave me a big kiss. "I love you."

"Love you more."

"Love me too!" Lucy shrieked.

The two of us laughed. "Yes, honey, of course we love you, too," I said.

My life was too perfect.