Chapter 45

Song of the chapter: 2 Reasons by Trey Songz

Quinn's POV

After a few hours of dancing and hanging out with my friends, I went to the bar to get a bottle of water. Emily came with me. And she was a drunk Emily.

"Emily, you don't need another drink," I sighed.

"Awe, come on, Quinny, this is my night to celebrate! My video is number one!" she told me before telling the bartender to give her some type of shot I had never heard of. I didn't even know Emily drank.

"Quinny?" I repeated.

"Oops, did I call you Austin? I'm so sorry, you're definitely not Austin," Emily giggled.

"No, you called me- You know what, nevermind," I shook my head.

A song came on. "Oh! I love this song!" Emily exclaimed. She quickly took her shot and grabbed another cup of beer before grabbing my hand. "Come on, girlfriend, let's go dance up a storm! Well, not actually dance up a storm; I'm pretty sure only the Greek gods can do that. And the Roman ones. Are they the same thing? Do they even exist? Do-"

"Emily, stop talking please," I begged.

She looked at me before bursting into laughter. "I'm sorry," she gasped. "I just think you're such a fun person. I love you, Taylor!" Emily threw her arms around me in a hug, almost taking me down. Some of her drink spilled on my dress.

She gasped in horror. "Oh my god, Austin, I'm so sorry, I completely ruined your outfit! I promise I'll get the stain out, Quinn."

Oh my god, where was Austin? I wondered. "Okay, I think you need to sit down."

"Oh, nonsense, I'm fine," she said. "See? I'm not drunk. Look." She started walking in a straight line. Yes, it was actually straight. But she was definitely drunk, as well as most of the people in the room.

"I only came here for 2 Reasons, I can't lie (Whatcha came for). I only came here for the bitches and the drinks!" Emily sang along as she swayed to the music. She was a really good dancer when she was drinking, surprisingly.

Jesse pushed through people to get to us. "Hey!" he yelled over the music. "Where's Emily? Austin's looking for her; he said he can't find her anywhere."

I pointed to my older friend's dancing form in the crowd, drink in hand. She was having a blast, and I didn't want to stop her, but she was just asking for trouble.

"Oh, okay. Well, I'll go tell Austin I found her," Jesse told me. He gave me a quick kiss and his breath smelled like alcohol, but it didn't bother me. It's not like I've never drank before. Shhh. "Don't let her out of your sight until I get Austin; she looks a little drunk."

"Ya think?" I yelled. He just grinned and moved back through the crowd. I hadn't seen Taylor or Alex for most of the night.

I pulled out my phone from my purse to see if I had any messages from my parents but there were none. When I looked back up, Emily was gone. "Oh, this is just flipping perfect," I muttered. "Emily!"

I pushed through everyone, trying to find her, but I couldn't see her.

A few minutes later, I heard her scream, "Who's ready to party!?" I looked up to the response of loud cheers and saw Emily dancing. On a table. With random girls. This bitch.

"Oh my god," I said, hurrying to get to the front. "Emily, get down from there now!"

She didn't hear me; she was too busy grinding to "Sexy and I Know It

She didn't hear me; she was too busy grinding to "Sexy and I Know It."

"Am I the only sober one in this joint?" I exclaimed to no one in particular.

"Nope, you've got me," came a voice from beside me. I turned to see Austin.

"Oh, thank god," I sighed. "I can't get her down."

"I can fix that." He got up on the table, wrapped an arm around Emily's waist, and hauled her down, setting her back down on the floor.

"Hey!" she complained. "I was having fun!"

"You can have fun on the ground. And I'm cutting you off, you've had enough for tonight," Austin told her, taking her drink from her. It was a new drink.

"Alex, no, go take care of Taylor, you just go find Austin for me, okay? He needs to get on this level," Emily slurred.

Austin looked at me. "How much has she had to drink?"

"I lost count," I admitted. "Have you been drinking?"

"Yeah, but not nearly as much as my tipsy girlfriend here," he replied, grabbing Emily as she took a step and stumbled.

"Where are Alex and Taylor?"

"I don't know, I left them with Jesse when I saw Emily on the table. None of them are sober, in case you're wondering. Looks like it's just you and me."

"Joy."

"What happened to your dress?"

"Emily spilled her drink on me."

"I'll buy you a new one," Austin said, but I cut him off.

"Don't worry about it; it was a cheap thing anyway."

He looked doubtful, but didn't push the issue. Emily looked at Austin as if seeing him for the first time that night. "Oh, there you are, babe! Alex did his job! Yay!" She threw her arms around him and kissed him full on the mouth, but he pulled back.

"At least she got the name right this time," I said.

"Quinn, let's go dance, come on," she said, trying to pull me towards the crowd.

"No, Emily, we're going home, I think you've had enough for tonight," Austin said gently. "Let's go."

"I wanna stay! I feel awesome!"

"You aren't going to feel awesome in the morning," he told her before bending down to haul her over his shoulder.

"Woo, a roller coaster! Go go go! Faster!" Emily yelled excitedly.

"Oh my god," Austin said to me. "Never again. Next time, I stay with her all night."

"Deal," I agreed. "Emily?"

No response.

"And she's passed out," I confirmed.

Austin sighed. "I'll go put her in the vehicle. You get the rest of them."

I nodded and went to find everyone else. Turns out they were already on their way out, so I met up with them quickly.

"We're going, Emily's had enough," I said to them.

"I think Alex has too," Taylor slurred. "And probably me. And Jesse."

"Yeah, I kind of figured. Come on." Taylor and Jesse could walk fine, but I helped Alex out to Austin's car where he was sitting in the very back with Emily out cold on his shoulder.

"She didn't throw up, did she?" I asked.

Austin shook his head. "Nope. Not yet, anyway. It'll be hell for her tomorrow." He handed me the keys. "Let's get out of here."