Chapter 58

So I'm at a funeral for one of my family members and it's literally so boring so I decided to write a chapter for you guys while I wait to leave, I can't wait to leave 😊 enjoy!

Song of the chapter: I'm Already There by Lonestar

Emily's POV

"So, I kind of have something to tell you."

"Okay, what is it?"

"Well, it's really important. And it's going to shock you."

"Oh my god, are they making an Ice Age 5?"

"What? No, that's-"

"Finding Nemo 2! Oh wait, that's already coming out in 2016...Finding Dory."

"No! Well, yes, but that's not what I have to-"

"You died your hair green. Actually, that would look sexy on you."

"Of course not. Would you just-"

"I'm getting this vibe that Pancakes is really a boy."

"Austin!" I finally screamed. "Would you just let me speak please?"

"Sorry," he said sheepishly. "Okay, what's up?"

"Um...I wish I didn't have to tell you this over the phone," I said.

"Okay, now you're scaring me, Emily. What's wrong?"

"Jesse is my brother!" I blurt out.

There was silence on the other end for a few seconds before Austin said, "What did you just say?"

"He's my brother. Well, half brother, really; we have the same mom," I said.

"Yes!" Austin yelled into the phone. I had to pull it away from my ear. "That's the best news I've heard all day. Hey Alex, Taylor! Jesse and Emily are siblings! Isn't that awesome?"

"That was easier than I thought," I said when he had calmed down.

"Wow, that's shocking and awesome."

"Now you can officially get rid of your jealousy."

"What? I was not jealous!"

"Yeah, and I don't breathe," I said sarcastically. "I'll explain everything when I see you in a couple of weeks. It's too much to say over the phone and I'd rather do it in person."

"Sounds good. I miss you."

"I miss you, too," I said. "Lucy misses you a lot. She always asks for you."

"Where is she?"

"Sleeping," I explained. "It's eleven o'clock at night here."

"Right," he said. "I forgot I'm in Tucson. It's only eight here."

"Did you have a good show?"

"It was so good, Emily; I wish you could have been there," he said.

"Me, too. But I better let you go," I said. "You have a big day again tomorrow."

"You sound like my mother."

"Just taking care of you, like I always do," I smiled. "Goodnight, Austin."

"Night, Als, give Lucy a kiss for me. Love you lots," he yawned.

"I will. Love you, too." I hung up and put the phone back on the base before heading back to the living room to finish another episode of One Tree Hill.

When that was done, I thought that I should probably go to bed since Lucy and I were supposed to meet Jesse the next morning for breakfast.

Jesse had said he would tell Quinn the news and I imagine she would tell everyone else. I hadn't heard from him since then so I had no idea how she took it.