Chapter 4

DST1: ch4

I walk into my house letting Bear off the leash, and close the door behind me. Warmth surrounds me welcoming me home . The scent of pizza fills my nose making my feet bring me to the kitchen. I step in there to see Seth and my dad sitting at the table talking and eating pizza. "Daddy!" I shout excitedly running to him. He looks to me grinning as he stands up opening his arms for me.

"Princess." He grins wrapping his arms around me. I hug him tight really missing him from his long trip. He pulls away eyeing me strangely.

"What?" I ask confused.

"Who's sweatshirt is that? It smells like a boy." I freeze in my spot feeling Seth's intense gaze on me. I feel my cheeks blush thinking back to the kiss Mason and I shared.

"Oh, just a friend's. I forgot one on the walk, so he gave me his to borrow." I explain trying to make it sound like that's the only thing that happened. My dad raises an eyebrow at me studying my face.

"Okay then, princess. Want some pizza?" He asks taking his seat again. He pets Bear's head, who was patiently waiting for his hello. I take a seat across from Seth, who is eating a slice, and next to our dad.

"Sure." I say happily as I reach for a pice. Seth just keeps watching me, which is getting creepy and annoying. I look at him raising an eyebrow, and which in return he narrows his eyes at me. I ignore him looking to our dad happy he is finally back.

"How long are you going to be here for?" Seth asks. Our dad sighs leaning back in his chair.

"Well, I have a case here this time. Then after that I get to stay here for awhile." He says. Seth and I share a look before looking back to our dad. See our father is an undercover cop/ agent and travels a lot for his cases he is put on.

"What's the case?" Seth asks interested. Our dad laughs shaking his head.

"You know I can't tell you. All I will say is it involves street fighting." He says taking a bite of pizza like its no big thing. I freeze and look at my dad, who seems to be unfazed by what he said.

    "Wait! That's real? In this town?!" I exclaim. My dad looks to me surprised before his eyes seem to soften.

    "Oh princes, this world isn't as perfect as you think. There are bad things and bad people in this world." He says to me like I'm a little kid. I nod my head, and Seth scoffs. I send him a glare and kick him under the table. I yawn stretching gaining everyone's attention.

    "Sorry, I'm tired." I say looking down. "I'm going to bed. Goodnight daddy, night Seth." I say kissing my dads cheek and waving to Seth. I head upstairs with Bear following me and make my way into my room. Bear runs and jumps on my bed as I head to my closet taking the sweatshirt off. I toss it on the wicker chair in the corner of my room by one of my two windows. I take my long sleeve shirt off along with my sports bra before pulling the sweatshirt back over my head. I take off my sweatpants and head to my attached bathroom. I wash my face and brush my teeth before heading to my bed.

"Where did you get the sweatshirt?" Seth asks making me jump. I turn to look to see him leaning against my closed door. I take a calming breath before pulling the covers on my bed back.

"It's Mason's." I sigh as I get in my bed. I don't look up to Seth being afraid especially because he is being dead silent. I slowly look up to see Seth looking at me with wide eyes.

"What the hell goes on when you go on a walk?" He asks throwing his hands up in the air. Seth pushes off the wall walking over to me, and takes a seat on my bed, which is now overly crowded with Seth, Bear, and I all on it.