Chapter 16

DST 1: ch 16

    Drake just watches me as I lay on the bed in pain. He fixed my shoulder, and now I just want meds for it, but he won't give them to me. I narrow my eyes on him and he chuckles handing them over. His dark hair has been recently trimmed to look nice, and his face is scruffy from not being shaved. He has basically two perfect tattoo sleeves that show from his back short sleeve shirt. I just take him in as he does the same to me. "Why haven't you told Mason I'm fine?" I ask forcing myself to sit up to take the pills. I down them with water watching Drake the whole time.

    "It's fun to freak him out. So tell me, are you two fucking yet?" He asks wiggling his eyebrows. My eyes go wide as I look at him feeing my cheeks turn to the ultimate shade of red. Drake just drinks up my reaction as he starts laughing his ass off.

    "What?" I practically choke on air. That makes Drake laugh harder, which makes me fall back on the bed embarrassed. I groan as my shoulder is still very much sore.

    "Sorry, but that was too good to pass up. Are you guys together though? Please tell me that." He says sitting back in the chair he plopped himself on.

"No. I kind of just broke up with my cheating boyfriend, so it's probably too soon." I point out looking over at him. He shakes his head at me leaning forward. His elbows resting on his knees.

"Listen here, Dylan, Mason has never brought a girl here. Nor has he talked so much about one. Ugh he never shuts up about you, he goes on and about how great your kisses are. It's discussing." He groans. I blush more, if that's possible, as I hear what he is saying.

    "How come he didn't deal with my injury?" I ask changing the topic. Drake seems to notice, but doesn't say anything.

    "He has never dealt with an injury like that. He always deals with cuts and bleeding, and not with things still embedded in the skin." He says standing up. I nod my head understanding knowing I wouldn't know what to do either.

"How do you know how to deal with it?" I ask raising an eyebrow at him. He freezes in his spot by the bed and studies me.

"Why do you need to know?" He asks his voice cold and hard. I feel my heart start to race from his startling change in mood. His face seems to grow cold and harden as his jaw clenches and unclenches. His green eyes darken slightly making my whole body tense.

    "I was just asking. I'm sorry." I rush out. I watch him cautiously not wanting to start anything.

    "Mace! Get your ass up here to your girl." Drake calls emotionlessly. I can hear Mason running from downstairs up the steps until he reaches the room. His eyes meet mine and relief fills his. I watch his body relax as he enters the room. He looks to Drake smiling widely, before he meets Drake's eyes.

    "What?" Mason asks, eyes narrowed on Drake. Drake shakes his head before walking out of the room.

    "No fucking." He warns us. I feel myself go red as Drake shuts the door chuckling. I stay laying down, and I can feel the bed dip on my right. I look to see Mason laying down next to me, and his arms wrap around me gently. As he pulls me closer to his body I can feel his body heat warm me up. My eyes become heavy as sleepiness starts to take control. I sigh contently in Mason's arms as his head nuzzles into the crook of my neck.

    "You can sleep now." He tells me. I smile nodding my head slightly.

    "Thank you." I sigh.