Chapter 19

DST 1: ch 19

    I sit on my front porch staying away from my family. My grandmother is creating problems all around, and I just need air. I breath in the chilly air snuggling into Mason's sweatshirt. It still faintly smells like him, which helps calm me down. I wish I had Bear here with me right now. I look down the street only to freeze seeing him walking towards me. I gulp, but that's all I can do as my body becomes paralyzed from the sight of him. He walks right up to me grinning wickedly.

    "Hello, puppet." He says. A shudder runs through my body not liking this at all. I hear him chuckle, and I curse myself for leaving my phone in the house. "Oh come on Puppet, don't you miss me?" Luke asks. I shake my head looking up to him.

"No." I say as confident as I can. I can hear my voice shake slightly, and I know Luke hears it too.

"Puppet, when will you realize no matter what you are mine." He sighs. He comes right up to me, and grips my shoulders to pull me up. I flinch from the pain my shoulder still causes me, and his hold makes pain shoot out from it. He takes his hand off my not injured shoulder, and grabs my chin roughly with it. He forces me to look up into his eyes, and I can see his eyes glance down to my sweatshirt I'm wearing.

"Whose fucking sweatshirt is this?" His voice sounds more like a demand rather than a question. I can feel my body tense as my eyes widen.

"Stop." I say tears pricking my eyes. I can feel the bruise that is forming from his grip.

"Don't fucking tell me to stop! Who the hell gave you that sweatshirt? You are mine Puppet. Mine!" He yells in my face. I hear barking, and suddenly Luke jumps back shouting in pain. He hops on one foot as he grips his ankle. I look to see Bear and Bullet standing in front of me growling.

"Back up, dick." Mason demands in such a scary voice I feel myself shake a little. I meet Mason's eyes, and they are the darkest blue I have ever seen. I let out a shocked breath, and I can see Luke just smirk out of the corner of my eye lifting his head higher, which doesn't sit well with me.

    "And who the hell are you?" Luke spits turning to Mason. Mason raises an eyebrow at him.

    "Don't worry about it. But, of you see me again you won't forget me." Mason warns walking towards us more. He walks around Luke to stand next to me, and Luke turns watching him.

    "So, it's your fucking sweatshirt." Luke says through a clenched jaw. Mason looks confused before looking to me. I look at him and our eyes meet for a second. His eyes are still dark, but they lighten slightly taking me in.

    "Yeah, it is. Got a problem with it?" Mason asks looking back to Luke. Luke glares at him before looking to me.

    "Be careful Puppet, when I take back what is mine there will be hell to pay." Luke says before walking away. I stare after him as he walks away, and I stand there shaking from the thought of being back in his pain. I feel arms wrap around me, and the tears just flow. I try to stop as I take in deep breaths inhaling Mason's addicting scent.

    "He won't touch you, angel. He won't be able to get close enough to even look at you." Mason says in my ear. I nod my head understanding, but it was more of me wanting to believe his words. I can hear my front door open, but I ignore it just trying to process everything.

    "What's going on here?" I hear my dad's voice. I pull away from Mason to look at him. Seth stands near him watching, and I can see my mom and grandmother behind them.