Chapter 23

DST 1: ch 23

    We walk through school hand in hand. The whole way here Tyler kept giving us weird glances. I ignored it knowing he is probably just trying to see how I am from the incident last night. "What the fuck, Mace!" Drake yells storming over to us. We made it to my locker, but stop looking to Drake.

    "Excuse me?" Mason asks. I watch Drake with wide eyes seeing him mad, and I've never seen him mad. He stops right in front of us glaring at Mason.

    "When were you going to tell us that fucker threatened Dylan?" He demands. I step closer to Mason's side not liking this side of Drake. His eyes are dark, and his body is tense.

    "Who the hell told you?" Mason becomes stiff, and his grip on my hand tightens.

    "That's not important. How are we getting rid of him?" Mason lets go of my hand. Next thing I know he has Drake pinned up against the lockers. Drake glares at him with a look that could kill.

    "Who the fuck told you?" Mason demands in Drake's face.

    "Get your hands off me, Mason. You know it would be best." He leans whispering in Mason's ear for only him to hear, but I hear it too. "You may be family, but I will still shoot you." What does he mean by that? He isn't like Tyson in a gang.

    "This isn't your battle, so stay out of it." Mason lets go of him taking a step back.

    "Bullshit. You are family, and family sticks together."

    "Guys, people are watching." I whisper. They look around before looking back to each other.

    "We will discuss this later." Drakes eyes slowly lighten as he glances to me. Then he walks away down the hall, and people start to whisper. Mason turns around to face me, his eyes dark blue making me sigh. Without a second thought I cup his face in my hands. I kiss his lips closing my eyes, and I feel his arms wrap around me as his body relaxes. When I pull back it's from the bell ringing.

    "We should hurry to get you to class." He whispers. I nod my head a little dazed, and turn to my locker quickly opening it. I put my jacket, well Mason's jacket, in my locker, and grab my stuff for my first few classes. Closing my locker I turn to Mason, who is watching me smiling. He takes my hand, and walks me to my first class. He stops me in front of the door turning me to face him.

    "Angel, no one will hurt you like that again." He tells me cupping my face. His lips claim mine making my eyes flutter close. Warmth floods through my body, and I have to stop myself from moaning. Mason pulls away resting his forehead on mine. "This morning was amazing." His voice whispers on my face. Pulling back to kiss my forehead he walks away. I stand there shocked before hearing the last warning bell. Snapping out of it I head into my classroom.

    The twins watch me walk in, nodding in acknowledgment as I take my seat. A substitute teacher walks in rushing to get settled. He gives us all a packet, and tells us to work together to finish it. I turn my desk around looking at the twins. They smile at me fixing their desks to make them flush against mine. "So, how are you?" Kyle asks hesitantly. I raise an eyebrow at him as I tap my pencil on my desk.

    "What do you mean?"

    "We heard what happened." Ryan states. I nod my head looking to the packet.

    "Lets not talk about it. Mason made it better. Now lets do this packet." I write my name on the packet glancing up to the twins.

    "Dylan," Kyle sighs. "We just want to make sure you are okay."

    "Well I am, but if you keep talking about it I won't be." They both go silent as I start to packet.

--