Chapter 18

DST 1: ch 18

    I stay on the couch holding my knees to my chest as I listen to them all talk, and occasionally yell. I stare at the ground as I shake in fear. Luke is back, and it is only a matter of time until he comes for me. He won't stop until he has me back. "We have to do something." Mason says.

    "I know, but right now you need to get to your fight." D says.

    "I can't leave her like this."

    "Mace, we won't let anything happen to her." Ty says. I can hear him pacing the room behind me, and I just flinch.

    "I c-"

    "Mason, you have to trust her with us. We will have men watching around the perimeter." D cuts him off. I can hear Mason groan in annoyance.

    "If anything happens to her-"

    "We know." D lets out.

    "You know, you seem to care a lot about her. Especially for some girl who isn't your girl." Ty says. I hear Mason stop pacing, which means he must be glaring at Ty. I shut my eyes at the feeling of stinging tears, and memories flood my head.

    I stay on the couch with the blanket hugging me to keep me warm. Luke is yelling at his friends about something, and I just stay here frightened. I can feel them behind me as they yell in hushed voices, which doesn't calm my nerves at all. Suddenly a hand grabs my shoulder making me yelp as I'm pulled behind the couch, and onto the floor. "You shouldn't have done what you did, puppet." Luke spits.

    "Please." I cry. Tears stream down my face as he pulls me up to his face. His fingers bite into my skin making me whimper.

"Begging won't save you." He brings his head putting it in the crock of my neck. He breaths in my scent making my heart race even more. "You have to pay for telling that friend of yours." He whisper on my skin.

"Luke please." He pulls his head back and smirks at me. His usual smirk that plays on his face makes me shiver.

"I love it when you beg." He says huskily. His lips attack mine forcing them to move with his. Tears still stream down my face as I hear the other two guys laughing. I know there is nothing I can do as his hand grips my waist tightly. Tonight is going to be a long and painful night.

    I feel arms around me making me jump up yelping. I blink my eyes looking right into Mason's eyes. "Angel, what's wrong?" He asks concern in his voice, and eyes.

"Nothing." I say, shaking my head to clear it. He raises an eyebrow at me, but let's it be.

"I'll be back in a few hours. D and T are going to stay with you here, and watch you. Will you be okay?" I nod my head looking over to where the guys enter. Mason looks to them and they all nod at each other. "If anything h-"

"We know." Ty cuts him off.

"Mace, you should go." D says. Mason groans before getting up looking down to me. I meet his eyes and give him a reassuring smile.

"Stay safe." He whispers before he leans down and kisses my forehead. He stands up straight before walking out of the house. I hug Mason's sweatshirt closer to me needing to feel safe. I look to the ground as I feel both of them walk closer to me.

"Dylan, who is Luke?" Drake asks, squatting down in front of me. I look into his green eyes taking in a deep breath.

"He is my ex, and he is a fighter like Mason. He is ruthless and doesn't care for the amount of people he has sent into the ground." I say blankly. Drake and Tyson look to each other before back to me.