Chapter 32

DST 1: ch 32

    I gulp as my dad parks the car in the West's driveway. My mom and Seth gasp at the sight of the house. Nerves fill my stomach knowing this is the first time I get to meet his parents. Seth looks at me as we get out of the car, and I look to him raising an eyebrow. "Mason lives here?" I smile at my brother

    "Why, does it surprise you?" I raise an eyebrow. He rolls his eyes running a hand through his hair.

    "I guess, but it all makes sense now." My eyebrows furrow making Seth let out a huff of air. "You know why he did what he did, to rebel."

    "Seth, shut up." I snap before walking ahead to the door. Before I could knock Mason opens the door an annoyed look on his face. He pushes that aside as he forces a smile on his lips, but I know only I can tell it is forced. I smile at him anyway walking straight up to him, and hugging him. I notice he is wearing khakis with a black fitted long sleeve button down polo shirt. I look up to his hair and see it styled in its natural messy state, but he makes it look sexy. I smile up at him, and he sends a genuine one my way before looking up to my family, who just walked into his house.

"Welcome, to my home." He greets.

"Mason, are they here?" I hear a faint voice of a woman. I look over Mason's shoulder to see a middle aged woman walking into the foyer. She wears black slacks and a white shirt with thin black stripes, which she tops off with a maroon jacket. Her light brown hair is left down straightened, and you can see some of the gray at the roots.

"Hello, and welcome to our home." She greets with a tight smile. Her features don't really match any of Mason's making me wonder if he is a spitting image of his father.

"Thank you for having us." My mother returns.

"Well, considering we are going to all be family I think it is necessary." She says. I can feel Mason tense at her words. I look up to watch a man come down the stairs, and I was right. This must be Mason's father because he looks like an older version on Mason. He smiles at us as he gets to the bottom. He wears khakis, as well, with a maroon color long sleeve button down polo. Seeing them dress so business casual I'm happy I forced my family to dress nicer than jeans.

"You have a lovely home." My Dad tells him as they shake hands.

"Why thank you. Please, come join us in the living room." He guessers towards a room just off the foyer. We all follow him, but Mason holds me back.

"I'm sorry for them." He tells me. I raise an eyebrow not knowing what he means.

"W-"

"Just a warning, they can get a little blunt and hold nothing back. Please don't get offended." He whispers. I stare at him shocked, and he just sighs before kissing my cheek. He pulls me along to the living room, and when I walk in I see our parents are getting along.

"They seem to be getting along." I whisper to Mason.

"Fucking fantastic." Seth comes over to us with a bored expression. "What's up with you?" Mason raises an eyebrow at him. Seth narrows his eyes on Mason before sighing.

"They are going on about work, and boring shit. When is dinner?" I roll my eyes at my brother leaning more into Mason's side. His arm wraps around me keeping me at his side.

"Should be ready in a few. My parents wanted to go over the top, so I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize." Seth waves off. "They seem nice." Mason snorts at that making the parents look over.