Chapter 19: Maya

"Hey May!" I look up at Gigi. "It's the third time I called your name!" She tells me crossly.

I reach out to touch her blonde hair as I hold my chin with my hand while resting my elbow on the table. Her hair is so similar to Daisy's.

Gigi's cheeks go pink in surprise and it almost makes me want to chuckle, almost.

"Maybe I should dye my hair that color too." I mumble.

"What are you talking about?!" Gigi scolds me angrily, still flustered. "You're legit in Wonderland right now! What drugs did you take to make you so depressing? Is it Daisy? Are you that jealous?"

That's when my curiosity peaks.

"Jealous?" I ask her, my eyes changing subject to look at her. "Why would I be jealous?" Is all I can reply in the most bored tone ever.

Gigi's bites her lip and looks down with a look I can't quite guess.

"What happened to the annoying happy-go-lucky Maya? You know, my BESTFRIEND that would make everyone else's day better because she always wanted to make others happy? The girl that gets excited to go into class? Where is she? You're seriously worrying me. Get a grip on." Gigi's complains, a blanket of sadness seeming to come over her.

"Hmm..." I mumble in response.

I just don't feel my usual enthusiasm. The bell rings and I get up, swinging my bag over my back.

"I'll meet you at the canteen." Gigi tells me quickly.

"Kay."

She eyes me weirdly.

"You never say 'kay'. You're one of those people who annoyingly say the whole word."

"Hm. I'm tired." I reply, my tone still dull and my eye bags still very apparent on my face.

"Go to the nurse."

"No thank you."

To be faced with the nurse that knows so much about Cale? The one that knows why he hates women? I know well that if I'm in there all I will possibly be able to think about is what his dirty little secret is and I don't want to be wondering about that right now.

I put my bag in my locker and start heading to the cafeteria. As I walk past a corner I see Cale. I turn to look at him and next thing I see is his arm snuggly in between Daisy's breast as she holds him. He's looking at her intently. Or maybe they're... Kissing?

I feel a sting and immediately I turn away. My pace is slow at first but then it keeps on getting faster until it becomes a full on sprint. I get into the nearest classroom and sit on the floor huddled up in a ball. I don't want to see anyone. I want to be alone.

It's not until I am alone that I realize I feel nothing. Nothing. Numbness. My heart beats faster and it feels as though I'm stressing out. I look at my knees which appear blurry before me. Everything is so confusing in my mind. I let my head bury itself in my knees as my leggings slowly feel more and more moist.

Tears are spilling out of my eyes, yet I feel nothing. Emptiness. Nothingness. I wish so much that I could get rid of them, that I could feel something. That's when I wish I never asked for that as I start to feel a pit in my stomach. It feels like gloom.

Then I hear the door suddenly open.

~~~

Hey guys!

Sorry the chapters are short right now, I promise it gets better!