Chapter 30: Cale

"Cale, why do you hate women so much?" Maya asks her face serious.

That catches me by surprise but I don't let her see that. So... Random. Why is she asking now? For about 5 seconds I just stand there awkwardly, looking at her while thinking of something to say.

I end up laughing it off as I rub the back of my head, unsure of what to say.

"I don't think it's really necessary, it's just a concept I grew up with." I lie while trying to give a convincing smile.

She smiles at me and I can tell it's not one of those 'I'm so happy!' smiles, it's a nice gentle amicable smile meant for me.

"I'm sorry. I understand you might not want to talk about it now or with me, but please when you are ready do tell me, because I really do care about you and I want truly to truly understand you!" She suddenly says giving me a very bright and encouraging smile.

I stare at her as my eyes slightly widen and my lips part in shock. I've never felt so happy and sad at the same time.

She looks down at her hands and even though I want to say something, the words don't come out. My heart starts beating faster so I simply swallow hard.

"Thanks Maya. That means a lot." I finally reply as seriously genuinely as I possible can and as soon as I do she lifts her head up to look at me, her amber eyes focused entirely on me.

I hurry up and leave, placing a hand over my face as I feel a rush of heat coming to my face. How embarrassing! She just looked so cute and I find myself standing there, at the nurse's door, looking out into space as I feel my body go into panic mode.

What is happening to me?

---

Ok so I literally can't contain my happiness right now! Cale is actually starting to show emotions guys! And they are emotions for Maya!!! Yasss!!

Ok what do you guys think?

Cute or just nah?