Chapter 35: Cale

As I arrive home, I put my bag down in my room and head to Jack's room. Once I open the door, I am welcomed with both my father and mother sitting beside Jack's bed reading him a story.

I try really hard not to gag. This is the mother who keeps her under her thumb so she doesn't go for Jack and here she is telling him a story? My father isn't anything better. He decides to leave us and suddenly come back just to pay attention to Jack? Sure, I hate him, but it does hurt seeing he's doing no efforts to make things up to me. He's not even trying with me.

"I have a girlfriend." I blurt out, no other thought coming to mind.

My mothers eyebrows raise at him challengingly in a "are you serious?" way. My father doesn't know how to act since he's never even been a dad, in the sense that he's only learning how to take responsibility now.

Jack's face is what marks me the most of the lot. His face goes from excited to completely emotionless which tells me he's upset.

"One second, love, I'll go talk to Cale for a minute." Mother tells Jack and he nods in response.

She follows me out of the room and glares at me but she doesn't intimidate anymore. I feel more powerful.

"What do you mean you have a girlfriend?" She barks at me.

"I can date who I want."

"Not on my watch!"

"Stay out of this." I reply dismissing her.

"Why would you mention it then? Why not just keep it a secret?"

"First off, I wanted to tell Jack only but I find you guys playing at family with him. Then I just thought why not. Should keep your hands off me for a while and it was ultimately a warning for you to back off."

She giggles at the idea.

"Do you think it's that easy to get rid of me? Do you even know who I am? I have the power to rip this girl to shreds. Are still telling me 'back off'?"

"Yes, because I'm stronger than that and she made me realize that."

"So she knows your little secret? I'm impressed, that's more than whatever you told Daisy after she walked in on us!" She says now laughing loudly.

I clench my fists and teeth angrily.

"Fuck off!" I say as a last note before returning to the safety of my room.

"You won't be rid of me just yet..." I can hear her voice in the distance as I close my bedroom door behind me.

---

Hey guys!

So some news from Cale's mom and a little threat? Anyways I say Cale you do what you want to do!