Chapter 3

~Sebastian's P.O.V.~

        Snow began to fall outside in big flakes. The servants were outside tending to the horses and throwing snow at each other. Tanaka sat on a bale of hay wearing some ear muffs and drinking green tea, chuckling as the other three threw snow at eachother.

        "You finally told her?" Ciel looked down at me as I laced up one of his boots.

        "Yes my lord." I looked up at him with my ruby eyes and then looked back down to his other boot.

        "How did she react?" Ciel took a sip of tea.

        "She cried a lot..she's a little uneasy around me after I showed her this morning." I let out a sigh and put the boot on Ciel's foot.

        "I would be too. Having a demon butler show you that he watched you since you were a child with some kind of psychological ability would be quite unnerving." Ciel remarked nonchalantly.

        I purposely began to lace his boot up tightly, causing him to smack me on the head with his hand.

        "What's your problem?!" Ciel shouted at me.

        I looked up at him and loosened the laces. I had no need to tell him how I felt.

        "Oh please, don't tell me you hate yourself for hurting her emotionally!" Ciel shouted at me, "You have to get a hold of yourself! Make it up to her, I have arrangments to go into town. I have to check up on the shop and you can take her on a walk or something. Don't hate yourself Sebastian." Ciel blushed a little from being bold and quickly began to drink his cup of tea.

        "Yes, my lord. Right away." I smiled, bowed and took my leave.

*     *     *

        "_________, are you still in here?" I gently knocked on the washroom door of our bedroom.

        "Y-yes..." She answered back. I could hear the sadness in her voice.

        "Please, come out and put on some warm clothes, we are headed to town." I tried to make myself sound gleefull but I don't think it worked...

        "I don't want to go." She replied and blew her nose.

        I frowned a little and smacked my palm against my forehead.

        "I will take you to the town square and we could browse at the vendors." I smiled a little, feeling confident.

        There was a moment of silence before I heard the sink turn on and off, then _________ emerged from the washroom patting her face with a fluffy towel.

        I went to hug her but she walked right passed me and went to her wardrobe. She didn't even look at me. I could feel a sadness growing inside my chest, which bugged me.

        "Would you like me to pack some small cakes to take with us?" I asked in a warm voice.

        "Sure." ________ replied.

        'Sure? What does it mean? Do I pack some or not?' I thought to myself...it felt like I was walking on egg shells.

        "I will pack some and wait for you in the front okay?" I walked over to her as she pulled out a very lady-like trenchcoat and placed a hand on her shoulder.

        "Okay." she said without looking at me.

        I kissed her on the head and left the room.

        'I hope she doesn't hate me....I would surely leave and never come back. Yes, that would be best because if she's happy, I'm happy.' I nodded to myself as I walked to the kitchen and pulled out a small box. After packing some small cakes, I placed the box on the table, pulled on my trenchcoat and walked out to the stables.

        Finny, Mey-Rin and Bardroy were throwing balls of snow at each other and laughing widely until they saw me. They quickly stood at attention and Mey-Rin began to brush snow off of her glasses and Finny patted Bard on the back, knocking off more snow.

        "Get the carriage ready, we are going to town," I smiled at them, "I have also packed three pieces of cake for you three to have on our way there." I bowed and began to walk back to the door to the kitchen.

        I heard Finny gleefully clap, along with a happy laugh.

        "Mister Sebastian seems to be in a good mood, yes he does!" Mey-Rin giggled,

        Bard laughed warmly as Tanaka let out a chuckle and sipped on his tea.

*     *     *

        It was time to leave and I helped Ciel into the carriage, then look down at ________ and held out my hand to her to help her into the carriage, smiling warmly. She looked beautiful with her (e/c) hair curled into ringlets and her warm coat over her green dress. After all, she always looks beautiful to me. She placed her delicate hand in mine and I helped her up and she smiled at me a little, I smiled back and got in the carriage once she was seated. I sat next to her across from Ciel and tried to put an arm around her shoulder. Ciel glanced at me and motioned me not to.

        _________ glanced out the carriage window at the snow covered trees. She looked as if she was in deep thought about something. I remembered I had the small box with the cakes so I opened the lid.

        "Young master, would you like a cake?" I held the box out to Ciel, he nodded and took one.

        "________?" I looked at ________, she looked up at me with her (e/c) eyes and smiled, "Would you like one?" I smiled back and held the box out to her.

        "Thank you Sebastian." She replied as she picked up the small cake that had a rose on it.

        I smiled back and I placed the lid back on the box and put it down on the empty seat next to Ciel.

        I could feel the tension in the carriage space grow slightly as ________ began to cry again. She wiped away a few tears. I pulled out my handkerchief and handed it to her.

        She looked at me with those shining (e/c) eyes as she took it from my hand but quickly wraped her arms around my neck and began to sob on my shoulder.

        I tensed up a little from the sudden embrace but wrapped my arms around her and held her. I looked up at Ciel. He smirked at me and nodded before turning his attention back to the window.

'Why are humans so stressful?'