Chapter 8 a.

My heart pounded in my chest, I could hear it thumping in my head. I didn't know what had happened but I was greatful to be alive. Sebastian had came to my rescue and was carrying me.

        "It hurts...a little..." I groaned and gave a weak smile when I felt enough energy surging through me.

        "Hush, you shouldn't be making jokes." Sebastian talked soothingly, yet a bit irritated.

        My eyes fluttered open just a little, enough to see Sebastian's face and the snowy night sky.

        "Thank you for putting up with me, Sebastian." I blinked.

        "Putting up with you? You are no burden to me, I love you. I would do anything for you. I would lose my mind if you died." Sebastian leaned down to my bloodied fore-head and kissed it.

        "Sebastian...."

        "__________?" Sebastian stopped walking.

        "I'm going to sleep now." I gave a small smile and raised my hand up to my beloved's cheek. Before I closed my eyes, I thought I saw Sebastian's face leaning in to kiss me....but it must have been my imagination.

*     *     *

        The next time I woke up was a day after Ash had tried to kill me...again. I was in a bed that had light blankets. The room smelled clean and I could tell that a window was open in the room.

        Gently, I tried to open my eyes like a butterfly stretching it's wings. A bandage was covering my left eye. From what I could see, the room was very bright. I let out a small groan and closed my eyes again. A strong smell of bleach invaded my nose due to a breeze of wind, I cringed.

        'I must be in a hospital. Great.'

        I opened my eye and allowed my vision to adjust. My heart skipped when I saw a raven-haired man sitting in a small armchair next to me, his eyes were closed. I searched for his name in my head and I knew he was important but....I couldn't find his name.

        The way my heart skipped, I knew that he meant something to me. I realized most of my body was numb, I blinked and tried to wiggle my fingers. Frustrated, I lifted my left arm and swung it towards an end table and knocked over a glass of water.

        'Why do I remember Ash but not this man next to me?!'

        "___________?" The man spoke in a soft, soothing voice.

        I slowly moved my head to the right and looked at him. The man's eyes were a beautiful ruby red color and I could feel something like sparks firing through my body. The man got up and grabbed a towel and cleaned up the water I had spilt.

        "Can you hear me?" The man looked at me with a hurt expression.

        I couldn't nod, so I blinked at him and tried to move my right hand towards him but I ended up just moving the tips of my fingers. The power I used to knock over that glass of water made me tired.

        "Do you...." the man bit his lip a little and he laced his fingers in mine, "Do you remember me?"

        'Come on, you can do it! Say something dammit!'

        "S..ss....." I closed my eyes and furrowed my brows, my lips quivered as I tried to find the words, "S-sorry." I said quietly and opened my eyes. The letter 'S' seemed important.