Chapter 9 b.

"There is no such thing as ghosts, right?" I was talking to myself out loud while walking down into the entry way of the manor.

        "I'm sure everything surrounding that hair piece is a hoax...." I sighed and made sure that the manor doors were locked. I was walking back up the main stairs when I heard something that sounded like a table being pushed across the floor.

        ...Like nails across a chalkboard.

        "Sebastian, stop trying to scare me!" I shouted as I spun around and looked down towards the big manor doors.

        There was silence, I let out a sigh and turned back around just to be greeted by Sebastian's chest. I looked up at him and he placed one of his hands on my shoulder.

        "I was in the kitchen getting your dinner when I heard you. Are you alright?" He looked down at me, he was just wearing his usual vest with his white button-up shirt, its sleeves were rolled up to his elbows and he was wearing an apron.

        "I-I just heard something, but its probably nothing." I patted Sebastian's arm.

        "Alright but, I'm going to walk with you back to the kitchen. Just to put myself at ease." Sebastian ruffled my hair and pulled me close to him.

        Both of us walked up the rest of the stairs and I looked over my shoulder. My eyes widened when I saw a shadowy figure, it held a finger up to it's lips and an audible 'hush' sound was heard. I screamed, closed my eyes and curled up into a ball on the floor.

        "What?! What happened?!" Sebastian immediately knelt down and tried to soothe me.

        "Sebastian, it was right there!" I pointed to the bottom of the stairs.

        I watched Sebastian as he narrowed his eyes and looked down at the bottom of the stairs. He stood up and brought my close to his chest.

        "Here, you walk in front of me. I will keep my hands on your shoulders until we get to the kitchen." Sebastian whispered and placed his gloved hands gently onto my shoulders.

        I nodded and we walked to the kitchen. Sebastian held the door open for me and my mouth dropped at the sight of the kitchen table.

        He really out-did himself this time. The decorated table looked amazing. I don't know how someone could arrange tables like that. 

        Then again, it's Sebastian.

        "Really?! You didn't have to go through so much trouble for me!" I grinned and hugged Sebastian around the neck.

        "Think of it as a welcome home present." He smiled and kissed me on the forehead.

         Sebastian pulled out a chair for me to sit down in, I gently sat down and smoothed down my apron. He had made a full course dinner just for me and just...wow.

        "I wasn't quite sure what to make so, I made spaghetti to play it safe." Sebastian smirked and walked over to the sink and washed some dishes.

  ~Meanwhile...the servants were hiding behind the screened kitchen door that leads outside...~

        "Finny! We shouldn't do this! Miss _________ will hear us!" Mey-Rin screeched and tried to pursue the blonde-haired gardener.

        "Hush! I just want to see if I can take a picture of them together as a present!" Finny stuck his tongue out at Mey-Rin and held a camera in his hands.