I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Chpt 16]

Chapter 16 - Engagement

I was sitting on the couch once again and the thunder started to fade off in the distance. Richard was about to leave the house. What was up with the blood on his shirt? I saw someone in the window. Did he go after them? Ugh! I need to stop thinking about it.

"See you around." Richard said.

"See ya." Nick said.

"Bye Kiara." Richard yelled to me.

"Bye." I said.

Richard left and Nick closed the door. I heard the car start and then leave. Nick came over and sat on the couch next to me.

"What a day." He said rubbing his face.

What a day? Ha, I'm the one who knows the secrets around here. I should be saying that every day.

"I have some good news." He said looking at me.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I'm going to ask Autumn to marry me tomorrow."

"What? Are you kidding me?"

"No, I'm not kidding. I'm taking her out for dinner tomorrow night."

"Really? That's so great."

"You're coming right?"

"Yeah of course. I wouldn't miss it."

"Do you want to bring a friend?"

I thought about it. Well I don't really wanna bring Shelby because she'll talk half the time and then most of my friends, if you want to call them that, are vampires. Do I really want to bring Nile?

"No. That's fine. I'll just come." I said.

"Okay."

"So, where is it?"

"Where's what?"

"The ring. I want to see the ring."

He got up and I followed him. He went upstairs in to his room and went in his drawer and took out a black little velvet box. He opened it up. It was a silver ring with a round diamond on top. It was beautiful with the light hitting it. That thing must have cost him a lot.

"Do you think she'll like it?" He asked me.

"Yeah. I think she'll love it."

He closed it back up and put it in his drawer.

"So how long have you been planning this one?" I asked.

"About a couple of months now."

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"I don't know. I was still debating whether or not I should do it. But I decided I am."

"Aw, that's so cute. But are you sure you want me to come? I can always stay here."

"No, I want you to come along. You're like family to me. It wouldn't be the same."

Wow, my Nick is growing up so fast. He usually sits on the couch playing Call of Duty but now he's getting engaged! He's moving on to girls now. I'm so proud of him!

Nick cocked his head at me. "What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing. I'm just kind of in shock that's all."

"Aw." He came over and gave me a hug. "You'll find that guy for you."

"That's not what I was talking about."