I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Chpt 18]

Chapter 18 - Bowling

I woke up staring at the ceiling. The sun shined through the window and I didn't hear anything. I don't know if Nick is awake or not. I don't even know if I'm dreaming still. I looked over to my left. Jordan wasn't there. Was that a dream or wasn't it? I got up and walked to the kitchen. I got the milk in the fridge and poured some in a glass. Nick went shopping yesterday. I'm happy because now I don't have to starve. As I went to go take a sip someone poked me in the side and I dropped my milk all over the floor. I turned around to go slap who did that. Nick was going to stop my hand if I hit him.

"See what you did." I said. "Clean it up."

"What? You're the one who dropped it." Nick said.

"You're the one who scared me."

"Yeah, I've noticed you've been getting scared a lot."

Well if you lived with vampires you'd know how I feel.

Nick walked away. I got up on the counter away from the milk that was now running down the floor. Tonight I get to go back to vampire hell house. I don't want to . . . Nick came back in the kitchen with paper towels. He has them all stocked up in the bathroom. Which is weird because he should just leave them down here in the kitchen.

"You're useless." He said ripping off a big thing of paper towels.

"Not my fault."

Nick came over and placed the paper towels over the milk.

"So um, Autumn said yes?" I asked.

He looked up at me from the floor. "Do you not remember any of this?" He asked.

"Uh, I don't know."

He wiped up all the milk and threw away the paper towels. He put the cup in the sink. "What do you mean you don't remember? When we came here you got dressed and went straight to bed. You were like one of those walking zombies."

"I'm sorry, I just don't remember."

"So, did you want to go through your dad's stuff today?" He asked changing the subject.

"Uh, no not today. Next week will be good."

"That's good. You're definitely not yourself this week. Are you happy to be going back to the mansion tonight?"

Hell no.

"I guess. So when is your wedding?"

"Not sure. Autumn and I are going to hang out tomorrow to figure it all out."

I hopped off the counter. "I'm taking a shower." I said dragging my feet across the floor to the stairs.

"Okay."

I took a shower and then came back down stairs. I got all my stuff and put it in my bag. I'll probably end up at the mansion at 6 tonight. I have school tomorrow and there is no excuse for me to miss school. I've skipped too many days. Anymore days and people will get suspicious. Especially Shelby. I haven't pick up any of her calls. She will probably hate me tomorrow.

Something hit me in the head. I turned around and looked down at the floor. Nick threw a pillow at my head.

"What was that for?" I asked.

He shrugged. "You need get happy or something."

"What does that have to do with hitting me in the head?"

He shrugged again. "Because you deserve it for spilling milk on my floor."

I picked up the pillow and threw it back. "It wasn't my fault." I said angry.