I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Chpt 17]

Chapter 17 - Confusion

"Just come with me." Nile said.

"I can't. If I leave what's Nick going to say." I said to him.

"Just tell him you're going to the bathroom and sneak out with me."

I groaned and went over to Nick.

Nick knows me by now. Do you think he'll find out when I lie to him? I guess I'll find out.

"I'll be back. I have to use the bathroom." I told Nick.

"Okay, but what did Nile want?" He looked back to where Nile was.

I turned around. Nile wasn't there. What the hell? Where did he go?

"Um, He . . . found out I was here . . . and just wanted to say hi to me." I said making it up.

"That was nice of him." Nick said.

"Yeah nice . . . I'll be back." I said going to the back of the restaurant where the bathrooms were.

Where did he go? I don't even know where I am going.

Someone grabbed me by the arm.

"This way." Nile said pulling me to the left.

"What's going on?" I asked.

He ignored my question and we just kept walking. We came to the kitchen and we slipped in. The people who were cooking were ignoring us. That was a good thing because I really don't feel like getting in trouble by the cooks here. We went to the back of the kitchen and there was an exit. Nile dragged me outside with him.

"Where are we going?" I asked. "What's going on?"

"You're being tracked." He said dragging me to his car.

"Tracked by who?"

"One of the top vampires. He knows you live with us. He's tracking you and is coming here. I have to get you away from here until Jordan gives me a call to say it's safe."

"How long till that?"

"Not too long . . . Get in." He said letting me go so we can get in his truck.

I got in his truck and buckled up. Nile drove out of the parking lot.

I don't want to miss Nick proposing to Autumn so whoever this damn vampire is he better go away.

"So uh, where you taking me?" I asked.

"I don't know. Anywhere but here."

"Could you go to the beach?"

"Why the beach?"

I shrugged. "I use to go to the beach everyday during the summer to watch the sunset."

"Why?"

"Why not?"

He didn't say anything to me. He just took a right turn and headed for the beach.

I thought this weekend with Nick was so suppose to be away from vampires. I don't mind having Richard over but I really wanted to get away from Nile, Jordan, Drake, and all the others.

"I heard you haven't been sleeping lately." Nile said.

Oh great. Nick told Jordan who told Nile. I'm probably right on that one.

"What are your dreams about?" He asked.

"I'm not telling you."

"Why not?"