Chapter-5

Arshita

Glaring, eyeing and then asking her to "shut up!" Nothing really worked with this colleague of mine. She sat in front of me in my bed pouting to tell me things-that's what she said to what happened after they went away from office. I mean things? What things? The things how I made the idiot of myself?

I was trying hard to pretend that I was reading the novel by Preeti Senoy who always drew my nose into her books. But the book was snatched away and I was staring my bare legs as I was in my shorts and that mole in my thigh. That man always encircled it and said it was amazing and sexy thing. I made sure to remember not to wear shorts from this day or that man wouldn't leave my stupid head.

"Now tell. Preeti can wait. " She placed the book under the bed mat and sat upon it.

" I am his PA and I don't know why he chose me. Then he asked me to bring him coffee and few reports. I got him coffee not the way he asked me to but he said he would like it that way from now. And he told me to shift my things from my cabin to his floor and I did. That's all. Then-"

I gulped and was embarrassed to tell Piya how I was caught by him peeking .

"Then? "

She caught my attention and then I told her the important thing," Then I came back home. But... but when I was returning from his office he said 'you are looking beautiful' to me. "

My ears went hot and I think I was blushing as I succeeded in imitating the way he complimented me. I forgot their was this scavenging girl in my room too and I started to play with my fingers thinking how he asked me to stop it.

" Oh wow! You are blushing. It means it wasn't the usual compliment that you get, was it? " I found out the teasing face of hers raising the eyebrows.

"He is my boss Piya and what I see is that he is an amusing person who is capable to make anyone happy, valued and important around him. That's him. There is nothing special for me so just stop trying to make anything from all this. And stop looking at me like that."

Her eyes went small and she kneeled very close to me and kissed my cheek and hugged me. "I get it. He is our boss and rich! Irony is that all these rich man are so good looking and handsome, why?"

I shrugged as she slipped inside the blanket with me after picking up the novel from under the mat and putting it in my lap. I smiled at her and opened the page I was reading before she came to pester me.

"Arshi you know what. I want someone to just love me truthfully. I don't want gifts, expensive things from him but true love, care and hear those beautiful words. Will that person be Abeer? Why does he like you that way Arshi, why can't he see how much I love him? "

I looked at her desperate and wet eyes which looked back at me to get some comforting words. I was about to say something to her when it occurred to me that we both were on the same boat and I didn't wanted this boat to sink but reach the shore.

I palmed her cheek and started to not only comfort her but myself too, " Piya he don't know how important it is to be loved. He just like me and hope for me but he doesn't see I don't see him that way. He don't understand how difficult it is to get a person who loves us more than anything on to this world and once he will get this he will run to you to love you the way you want. "