Chapter - 51

His legs hanging down from the rooftop, hit the wall to make the only sound. While I sat silently sat thinking over what to say and I why I even came to talk to him.

Abeer's detailed description of what had happened in his life made me to at least talk to him. So I was sitting one metre away from him in the middle of the night, without mom's permission. I wasn't allowed to go out as that the rituals said.

I looked at him stare his shoes and sighed. I knew he was sad and feeling lonely and that smile was just a cover up. I remembered how he never hid his worries and agitation at things.

Time changes, people changes and most importantly circumstances changes!

Who knew I would be in love with some other guy than Ronit? Even I never thought that he and I would ever break apart.

I scoffed at the memories that flashed, but the next instant I felt bad that it ever happened, that we separated. It was so cruel to Armaan that I even thought something lie this when I had hum now yet it came anyway when Ronit's fallen face was right before me and I had no idea how to lighten him.

It sucked!

The silence sucked!

I sighed irritably and looked at him again. I knew he was aware of my anticipation yet he kept quiet so I began myself.

"Are we going to sit like this forever? " I said sarcastically and it was so mean of me.

He looked up and smiled and again looked down. After few seconds he opened his stupid mouth.
How was I going to comfort him like this?

" I don't know what to say now. " He sniggered and added few seconds later,"Maybe that.. Maybe.. I mean.. Leave it. You tell me how is your marriage going, the unreal one and now the preparation?" He asked.

What exactly 'maybe' followed that you changed, Ronit?

"It great. He loves me and I.. I love him, too. " I waited to gaze his reaction, wondering if he still had feelings for me.

Why the hell I am thinking that?

" I know. You are getting married. "He mumbled and stared me for long. His eyes dropped down and he laughed.

Why?

" Why are you laughing? " I asked.

" No. It's nothing." He said defensively.

I stared him warily and he just raised his hand at me.

" I never imagined that I would be talking about your marriage and that too with other man. " He stated and I got his feelings.

" You aren't happy for me? " I asked him.

" I am. I am very happy for you. Arshi.. Can't we just go now, it's late night?" He said.

We didn't even talked about his life and here he wanted to go.

" Ronit. " I said.

" Yes! " He watched me intently and I saw his eyes that had something which I didn't accept at all.

How can he still feel anything for me?

If is it just my head?

" How are you? " I asked him.

He laughed as I cracked a joke and said," You are seeing me. I am good as hell. "

" Really? "

" Yeah! It's been great all along. Just few hitches and few dribs and.. Drabs. That's all. " He trailed off and his voice broke at the end.

" If you would share those dribs and Drabs and hitches, wouldn't it be great? " I asked him.