Chapter 21

Music: GOT7 - If You Do (니가 하면) - Piano Ballad Ver. by Smyang Piano

{Chapter 21: The REAL story}

--Word Count: 1935 words--

Your POV

~

Once Taehyung left the bedroom, I opened my eyes and sighed. My phone rang once again and I looked at who was calling me.

"Why are you calling me at this hour, appa?" I sighed to myself and picked up the phone, answering his call.

"Where are you?" he asked harshly and I frowned. "Why do you want to know?" I asked. "I told you to come home as soon as possible, now where are you?" he asked again and I sighed. "I'm not coming home, appa. I'm old enough to live on my own." I answered and I could hear him gasp lightly on the other line.

"Who said that you had a choice anyways?! You're just like your mother and that's why I-" he raised his voice but stopped once he heard me crying.

He made me cry once more.

"...(Y/n)-ah... Don't cry. Come home to appa, we'll make up and you can meet-" he started and I cut him off.. "Are you serious right now?" I asked. "What?" he answered.

"You got another girlfriend, appa? I thought eomma was the one you decided to love... Not Sumi, Rana, Hana and not that new girl you'll call 'love' all the time. You think I can get over the fact that you left eomma behind all alone? Those days haunt me, appa. I'm scared to end up like eomma and that the one I love will get other girlfriends like I'm dust. I'm scared to--" I started.

"The one you love?!" he raised his voice once more and I covered my phone slightly with my hand. "Are you saying you got a boyfriend? Do you remember what I said?! Men are monsters that you can't trust!" he yelled and I gulped.

"...But he's different." I muttered. "What did you say?" appa asked. "...I..." I started and took in a deep breath. "I'll never end up with a monster like you, appa. You have nothing to do with my life anymore. I'm old enough to make my own decisions now, even if you like it or not, I don't care anymore." I answered and with that, I hung up.

I blocked my appa's number and threw my phone on the ground, ending up shattering into pieces. Memories flooded through my thoughts over and over. The same words, over and over, until I can't forget them.

--FLASHBACK: (Y/n) is 7 in this--

"Appa, no!" I yelled, trying to stop appa from hurting eomma again. My parents used to fight almost every night and because of that I couldn't fall asleep anymore. Sometimes, our neighbors called the police, but they never did anything.

Appa threw a glass at eomma and she dodged it just in time. The glass shattered against the wall and of course, I was the one who had to clean the mess up.

I wiped away the shattered pieces of glass with a small broom successfully and put them in the glass container. When I walked back inside, which was around 15 minutes because I was resting outside, I gasped.

"...appa..." I said with a broken voice, too scared to even look. He looked up at me and his eyes widened.

There she layed, my mother, dead. Blood going everywhere on the floor and worst of all, my dad, holding a gun. He quickly threw the gun to the back and I held in my tears, trying not to break down at the sight of seeing my own mother's death.

"(Y/n)-ah.. I can explain..." he started and that's when I broke down. I fell to my knees and cried. "Eomma... y-you..." I started and he glared at me calling her eomma. "Don't tell anyone about this, you wouldn't want to get hurt.... right?" appa asked.