*] prologue

ydu (aftrparty remix) - opia

It was wet and cold outside that day; the sky gray, and the rain coming down in ice-cold sheets as the soles of Yoongi's white sneakers became coated in mud as he ran, paying no mind to the puddles.

He just needed to make it there on time. For once in his life, he actually cared about following the rules and being prompt. But, it had been a bad day, and his perfectly formulated schedule that he had made weeks prior had been forced to be disregarded.

Yoongi needed to make it to that audition on time. It was a simple job that paid minimum wage, but it offered him money, and something to devote his time to so he wouldn't feel so lonely anymore.

You were sitting at the counter within the warm shop, watching the rain roll down the large glass windows that were across the room. You were sitting calmly, having a cup of black coffee and not thinking about much in particular. You were in a state of ease; a state of ease with everything in your life.

But then, a young adult walked in. He was a bit short, covered by a long-sleeved striped shirt and an additional hoodie, his hair a mess from the rain, his white converse stained in the dirty water that covered the city streets.

You were content with everything before this.

But then, Yoongi walked in.

/////

About this book:

total word count: 60,000

status: completed

genre: angst, fluff, realistic, soft min yoongi

start date: May 24, 2017

finish date: July 29, 2017

rating: appropriate for all audiences, no trigger warnings