3] crush

speak up- pop etc

speak up- pop etc

"Listen up kids, I got a hot date tonight, so I'll be leaving a half hour early. You two are responsible for closing up, okay?" Stevens said the following Thursday. It'd been a week since your 7-Eleven trip with Yoongi, and you were pleased that after that night, things hadn't become awkward between the two of you. In fact, when Yoongi showed up for work the Tuesday after you'd had dinner with him, he seemed in a better mood than you had seen him in so far.

"Sure," Yoongi said, sipping his latte. You had decorated it with a leaf design again.

"Another date?" You questioned your uncle while slightly rolling your eyes.

Stevens was notorious for going on bizarre dates with random people that he met on offbeat dating sites, and those dates never had a bright outcome. In some ways you felt sorry for your uncle, seeing as he was simply going on those dates to try and fill the void that had been created after his wife had passed away. But on the other hand, you wished he would find a more proactive way to meet people that weren't total nutjobs.

"Her name is Patsy and she's a high school art teacher," Stevens said defensively.

"There's no way her name is "Patsy"," you scoffed, shaking your head.

"You don't know her life! Her name most definitely could be Patsy!" Stevens exclaimed, and Yoongi laughed, immediately covering his mouth after doing so.

"Sorry," he mumbled from behind his hands.

"Look, Stevens, go for it! Go on this date. But, if she turns out to be a catfish like last time, I don't want to hear you complaining about it."

"You got a lot of sass, you know-" Stevens began to lecture you, but was interrupted by the sound of the door opening, and the first wave of customers entering. Yoongi glanced down at his watch and nearly jumped. He set his empty cup down on the counter and gave you a small closed-mouth smile before running off to the piano to begin playing. For nearly 5 minutes after, you could still feel your heartbeat in your ears.

|||||

Sometime around 9 pm, thirty minutes before closing, Yoongi was in the middle of playing Clair De Lune. You had your face resting on your palms as you leaned against the counter, watching him intently. The rush of people had slowed as the cafe was now packed, and all of the customers were happily sitting with their tea and pastries, chatting amongst themselves and listening to the music.

You watched Yoongi's jaw clench as he reached a critical moment in the song, his eyes still closed, not depending on the sheet music. You were so into watching him that you didn't hear Stevens trying to talk to you. It wasn't until he literally snapped his fingers in front of your face that you acknowledged his existence and focused back into reality.

"You okay?" Stevens raised an eyebrow at you as you stood up straight.

"Fine," you cleared your throat.