19] allergic to the waiting

single- the neighbourhood

~YOUR POV~

You sat across from Stevens at the table, hands around your glass of iced coffee.

"What do you look so sad for? Aren't you excited about Youth & Impulse reopening after a whole month?" Stevens frowned, disappointed at your clear lack of enthusiasm. You took a drink of your coffee, not willing to meet his eyes. Normally, you would've been ecstatic for the reopening of the café, but after what happened with Yoongi on Monday night...Not so much.

"Did something happen?" Stevens raised an eyebrow.

"I'm fine," you lied, but from the expression on his face, you weren't confident that he was buying your paper-thin words. He could see right through you.

"Did something happen between you and Yoongi by chance?" the specific mention of Yoongi's name made your chest hurt as you replayed Monday night's events over and over within your mind. It was Friday now, and you and Yoongi hadn't had a single bit of interaction. You had tried to call him once on Wednesday, but he didn't answer and didn't ever call you back.

You were angry at his immaturity and pettiness on that front; after leaving you like that on Monday, the least he could do was return your calls. You didn't really care that he was upset, you two had already established that letting problems fester never made them go away, it only made them worse. Not to mention, you were worried about him and how things went with Bang PD. For all you knew, he could've gotten fired!

He was ignoring you, and you had absolutely no idea where you stood with him. Was that a breakup on Monday? A "maybe we should take a break"? Or something else? You had no idea, and it was eating you up inside. Yoongi was just so quick to blame everything on you, and that hurt. You were more confused than ever...Did you even want to keep seeing him anymore?

"Y/N?" Stevens was snapping his fingers in front of your face as you had zoned out completely. "You don't seem okay."

"Yoongi and I got in a huge fight on Monday, and I haven't talked to him since," you said quietly, pushing your coffee away from you. You had lost your appetite.

"I see...Wanna talk about it?" Stevens offered but you shook your head.

"No thanks."

"In that case, I hate to ask you to do this, but I need you to call him and let him know about the reopening. The piano job is still his if he wants it," Stevens replied and you couldn't help but grow frustrated with him.

"Why do I have to do it? You're his boss, not me. I don't want to call him again," you said firmly.

"Why not?"

"Because he's probably just going to keep ignoring me, and I don't feel like dealing with that."

"If he doesn't answer, then leave a voicemail. You should try to work this out with him because leaving it alone won't do you any good," Stevens slipped into his "parenting" mode and you sighed out of agitation.